Charvel by Jackson logo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel by Jackson logo question

Picked up what I think is a Traditional today and am hoping you all can help me identify if it's been modded.

22 fret Gumby Headstock with a Charvel Logo. The Charvel logo ends in a 6 in line headstock and under it, is By Jackson. Don't think I have seen the by Jackson part before and can't find much on the logo.

Single ply white guard with an SSH config. All Three pups are labled Charvel and the Humbucker is labeled Charvel USA. 5 way switch and Vol Vol Tone knobs.
    Vintage 6 screw trem. and looks like replaced tuners, cuz they are UGLY.

Neck is nice and it seems like everything is cool.

Any Ideas?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Can you post a pic? That would help a lot. Catalog scan with the Traditional is here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...44&postcount=2

No pickguards on those models or 6 screw trems, and the logo had a 3-on-a-side headstock iirc.

Comment

It's not one of the 2002 series.

since the logo has the tuners inline on of these
      http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=57&pos=3
      Last edited by Rich#6; 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

The 2002 imports used this logo.

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          The 2002 imports used this logo.

Ok,
          This one has a 6 in line Charvel logo with the (R) and by Jackson under the Charvel.
          Pics once I get a camera here.
          SSN is 65005113
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It sounds like a 1995 CHS-2. I have one and you describe it perfectly. Gumby "junk" headstock, Charvel guitar logo with Jackson/Charvel underneath, pickguard, SSH, volume & tone with five way blade switch.

Check this scan and let us know if it's a match.
            http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=59&pos=5

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
              It sounds like a 1995 CHS-2. I have one and you describe it perfectly. Gumby "junk" headstock, Charvel guitar logo with Jackson/Charvel underneath, pickguard, SSH, volume & tone with five way blade switch.

Check this scan and let us know if it's a match.
              http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=59&pos=5

Very close, looks like somebody changed the pups on this one.
              I picked it up for about 150.00 so I'm not too concerned about it being lower end. I was hoping it was MIJ though.

Comment

I had posted that one first and edited it . the inline tuners threw me. I think those are cheapies. Made in Korea or India. Whats the serial number?

Comment

SSN is 65005113

Comment

The 2002 charvels that I have had have the 8 digit serial #'s. the first 2 are the year. I would say your's is MIJ.

Comment

I thought he said it looked like a '95 CHS except for the pickups? We really need pics, but if it has those wide 12th fret dots like a CHS, that's telltale for C/J imports made somewhere besides Japan. For Charvels, I think it was Korea or possibly China, but not India.

Comment

Working...
                      X