Pawn Shop Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Score!

Not a huge money item but I snagged a rough 475 this past weekend in Zapata Texas while I was fishing a tournament.

75$ and its all there but in a bit of rough shape. I think this calls for me to break out the paint and some custom airbrish work and make me a one off.

I think itll make a great axe for 75$ and best of all its all there, the neck is straight and its playable now

Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Sounds like a great score. Would love to see before and after pics.

Comment

Pawn shop stories like that are awesome to hear, nice job!
      "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
      Zakk Wylde

Comment

Pic's or it didn't happen LOL!

Comment

Yeah, thats crap - how about some pics so I can say something lame like "too bad its got the toothpaste logo."

j/k - sounds like a good score
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Yeah, thats crap - how about some pics so I can say something lame like "too bad its got the toothpaste logo."

j/k - sounds like a good score
            I remember that toothpaste post. That was hilarious.
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Yep pics/reciept or it didn't happen.LOL
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                :ROTF: That thar's a goodurn!
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

If yur fishin' fur complements, you'll be needin' to post a pic ur two ummmmmmhmmmm.
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

You must have been fishing Falcon. I've seen parts of the lake, just never had a chance to fish it. Is it still turning out good numbers of fish?
                    "POOP"

Comment

Okay

I will get some pics up in a few days. I am already partially through the refinnishing process. I made a mistake I meant to say 375 not 475.

She was sunburst but there was just too much damage to restore the original finish, so it will soon be kawasaki green because well I have a bunch left from my bike.

Taking it apart it seemed it was wired by a drunk 13 year old and most connections had hardly any solder and were connected to rusty screws.

The neck was coming apart at the fretboard so I did some regluing and will be cleaning the neck up and using some steel wool too smooth it all out again.

The body is getting proper wood filler and I will get some pics of the process.

Thanks!
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Okay just a few shots then i will update with my progress. I will have more into it than its worth but I wanted a nice custom player and when I am done the body will be great and the neck is in decent shape as well, just missing a bit of the headstock tip.

Haters gonna hate

Comment

Nice!
                          Great price, that's fur shit sure.
                          The mojofication is a bit extreme in some areas, but not bad enough for a refin, IMO.
                          Hey, people pay good money to beat up a brand new guitar.
                          Your's just happened to come that way.
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

oooo raaaaa!!!!
                            stop at full speed at 100 miles per hour. the colgate invisible shield finally got em.

Comment

So you got this one and the Kramer from the same pawn shop??? what else did they have there?
                              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                              custom made Les Paul
                              VOX Tonelab LE
                              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                              ADA MP1
                              BBE 422A
                              Lexicon MPX-G2
                              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                              Support Your Local 81

Comment