1988 Model 4M Tremolo Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Model 4M Tremolo Parts

I have a 1988 (I believe) model 4m. I can no longer use the original Jackson - Floyd Rose licensed tremolo. The female end of the allen wrench locking nuts are stripped and don't allow me to tighten new strings. I haven't been able to find any replacement parts either. I bought an All Parts TRS-101 as a temporary fix and can't stand it. I don't know if anyone has a suggestion on where to go to find a replacement part or if I should just shell over the cash for a Floyd Rose.

Any thoughts???

You can buy the screws here:

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/hardwar...Lock_Screws!_0

Dave is a member here, and he's saved many of us when we've been in this type of pinch. He's pretty backed up with orders right now, but he may have some of these screws in stock. At least you have a temp to use if you have to wait a while.
    Last edited by dg; 02-01-2009, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Those looks like they'll do the trick! I just sent him an email. I'll be psyched if this pans out. If my first post was this successful, I'll be hooked.
      Thanks!

Comment

Oh, Dave's the shit! I have a feeling you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

For a temp fix cut slots in the allen head cap with a dremel then use a flat blade screwdriver.If you find replacements fine just keep the ones you slotted for back ups.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Good call. I'll try that, too.

Comment

Working...
            X