Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just scored a really cheap Model 3 from ebay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a really cheap Model 3 from ebay!

Boy it really pays to get up early and troll ebay now and again.

I just score this great model 3 for only $229.00

That seems to be a great price given that they are great guitars.

That might not have been a killer price just a few years ago but they are steadily climbing in price and a nice clean one is getting harder to find. Mind you I recall buying my Model 2 for less than $175.00 on ebay a few years back too.

I felt I needed at least one twin humbucker in my collection. The Model 3 is among my favorite Charvel imports because of the twin humbucker setup and the proper 3-way instead of those stupid individual switches.

It takes an awfull lot for me to buy a guitar that will actually get played along side my three PC1's but this baby will do the trick nicely!

Blue would have been beyond cool but at that price and great condition, who's complaining!

Toss in an OFR (with a Brass Big Block upgrade naturally!) in place of the JT-6 (yuck!) as well as a proper Floyd nut on the neck and we are rolling!

I'm even kinda liking that white humbucker look too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-MODEL-3A...ayphotohosting

Last edited by vklobucar; 01-30-2009, 06:37 AM.

Nice guitars, these.
    I'll take that JT-6 off your hands if ya like.

Enjoy!!!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

I just thought of something!

Didn't that guitar come with that 5-way "super switch"?

Comment

I'm not sure.
          I've heard the stock pickups are smokin' hot though.
          You'll have to scope it out when she arrives and report.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

The Model 3's do have a 5-way, but I cant remember if it's a Super Switch or a regular switch.
            Nice score there man!
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Yep, Nice pick up and upgrade. That thing should play great. I almost pulled the trigger on it when it was listed but I made this stupid promise to myself to finish the three projects sitting in the garage before picking up another axe.

Comment

damn the regret...

I Came SOOOO close to pulling the trigger on that at around 11pm last night... I have a red Model 3 in the H-S-S config that really wanted a twin brother! Lucky for you, my girlfriend talked me out of it

Comment

You're lucky dude. I watched that from the time it was listed for at least six hours last night, even had the wifes blessing. I had asked the seller some questions that weren't answered, and I never buy until my questions are answered. That was a sweet price, the description and pictures were just a tad to vague for me, especially since he mentioned the same Epiphone and Duncan pick ups in the DK2 project auction he has.

Nice score, and hopefully for you there are no issues with it. With the sellers feedback, I'd say it's on the up and up but you never know anymore.

Comment

Spoke with the seller via email after I bought it and he was really pleasant to talk to. Told me he would even throw in the original pickups with the guitar.

Trying to recall what they would be. J50BC if I recall no?

Was more than happy to unbolt the neck prior to shipping as I had asked. I think it will probably work out just great.

Comment

Audiozone scan tells me that they are J80 but that just does not seem right. My Model 2 came with a J50BC.....

Comment

Model 2's had J-90c's. The listing on eBay said the original pickups were included. Should be J-80's.

Comment

Actually, It is a Model 3A... Catalog scans should let you know what pups came in it. They are great guitars. My First charvel was a Black model 3A in 1987, Still one of my Favorites.

Comment

Nice axe dude. Love model 3's... good job it's not a lefty, i'd have outbid ya for it!!
                            Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Working...
                            X