My Charvel model 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel model 2?

I had this old thing lying around and wanted to fix it up. I think its a model 2 due to the single EMG pickup, but the electronics dont work. It has a single nob and a switch. The switch dont work and cant figure out what it used to do. I think I need a new wiring harness, but cant find this set up anywhere. Any help needed. I got a pic but not sure how to paste it.

The Model 2 came with a single passive Jackson covered pickup, one volume knob and no switch. They are relatively easy to rewire if you have some soldering skills. Pics would help. Create a free photobucket account to post photos. www.photobucket.com
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Comment

It looks like a Model 1 neck on either a modded Charvel body or a non J/C body.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It was carved out on the lower side to reach those higher notes. So I was told.

Comment

Check the battery for the EMG. When is the last time you changed it?

Do you want to stick with the EMG or switch over to a passive pickup? Can you do decent soldering? If not, just take it to a tech to get it checked out.
            Scott

Comment

The switch is not stock, maybe there was a passive pickup in there previously that had a coil tap, thus the switch.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                The switch is not stock, maybe there was a passive pickup in there previously that had a coil tap, thus the switch.
                Or, possibly, they didnt use a stereo jack for the emg and the switch is a kill switch?

Comment

IF the EMG was an 89, I'd say maybe thee switch was to split the pickup. But it doesn't look like one to me.

Take a picture or two of the control cavity to see what is in there.

What color is the EMG logo? It looks gold.

Red/Copper = 89
                  Gold = 85
                  Silver = 81

Comment

Looks like a regular vintage trem - so its really a Model 1.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                    X