No announcement yet.

Urgent - what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy the thing, you can always part it out for more than it's likely to go for.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I can verify that the 270 and 170s (with JT-6) that I've owned were solid wood. The other models were ply. And yes, the necks are nice and slim.

Comment

Let's not start this BS that Charvette = Plywood body. Not all Charvettes had plywood bodies. I have three Model 188 bodies in my guitar room that are not plywood.

By the info I have, it is an Alder body. (and like it was mentioned before, it's a 24.75" - ie Fusion - scale) The best way to tell is to have a looksee in the tremolo or control cavity. Don't buy into the bias. Do your own homework on this one.

Comment

I hate it when the wife doesn't log herself out...
          Occupy JCF

Comment

With all due respect, up there ^ I learned something, and far from starting B.S., I think B.S. is being clarified, rather than perpetuated.

I think the tone of the thread has been positive, and instructive.

:think:
            Last edited by nhspike; 12-20-2008, 03:36 PM.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

I hate it when the wife doesn't log herself out...
              I was going to say it didn't seem like it would be your wife typing.:ROTF:

Comment

lol!
                --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah, good thread for us Charvette know-nothings, so thanks guys. I never bid on it in the end - it went for £51, with some wee practice amp and £30 delivery. A good price, but not worth it for me.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I, for one, will be watching for Charvettes with JT-6 trems from now on!!!
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                      With all due respect, up there ^ I learned something, and far from starting B.S., I think B.S. is being clarified, rather than perpetuated.

I think the tone of the thread has been positive, and instructive.

:think:
                      If you took it negatively, I'm sorry. But there are many times I see misconceptions thrown out as gospel. In the case of Charvettes and laminant (ie Plywood) bodies, it's a similar misconception along with the "all fusions have horn scallops" misconception.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thats the first short scale Charvette I've seen.The necks are killer IMO.
                        I have bought several plywood C-vettes just to get the necks for project guitars.The good necks will have the pearl 12th fret dot markers that how I tell them apart.
                        They aren't all plywood.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X