Found another Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found another Model 4

I Had to drive 130 miles one way to get her but she's sweet!

Group shot with model 4 and model 3

Are the 87 Model 4's with the shark fin inlay and jt6 trems called Madel 4a ? Just wondering, enjoy the pics!

nope, just model 4
    kahler and dots where pretty much 1986 only
    Killer collection!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

I forget exactly where the 4A thing came from. I think there was 1 price list that called them that when they started putting sharkies on them, almost like they may have considered offering it with dots or sharkies, but all the catalogs on Henrik's site just call it a Model 4. IIRC, Robert Witte had that flyer up on his old site, but I haven't seen it since then.

Comment

OK thanks, I just saw one listed on this page as a 4a it has a color matched headstock. http://www.charvel-jackson.info/

Comment

That site was put together by Franx, a member here. He did a great job, but that particular guitar is a Japanese-market-only model from '89. IMO, he should drop the 4A designation and change that pic for a guitar with black headstock. Any unmodded USA-market Model 4 will have a black headstock. Here's the '89 Japan catalog page with that guitar:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....916&fullsize=1

Comment

I forget exactly where the 4A thing came from. I think there was 1 price list that called them that when they started putting sharkies on them, almost like they may have considered offering it with dots or sharkies, but all the catalogs on Henrik's site just call it a Model 4. IIRC, Robert Witte had that flyer up on his old site, but I haven't seen it since then.
            I actually had a model 4 with sharkies and a kahler trem and lock. I was told it was an 87 but it could have been a mutt since I bought it used. It had the right lock so I didn't think so.

Comment

Great pic!!! Cool set!!
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                I actually had a model 4 with sharkies and a kahler trem and lock. I was told it was an 87 but it could have been a mutt since I bought it used. It had the right lock so I didn't think so.
                That'd have to either be a transition, or a mutt. I'm guessing a mutt.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                X