No announcement yet.

Got my first charvel (Model 4 w/ PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first charvel (Model 4 w/ PICS)

Well after waiting a few weeks getting it wired up (when I bought it there was no wiring in it) I finally have my Charvel Model 4, made in Japan. It is amazing. I really like the inlays--they are real mother of pearl, not the plastic pearloid you see on most guitars today. It did not come with the active midboost but thats OK, I would never use it anyways. I am planning on getting a Dimarzio Super 3 pickup for the bridge and replacing the JT-6 trem with a Schaller. So here it is....

My Gear:

Charvel Model 4
    Gibson Les Paul Studio
    Roland Micro Cube RX

Killer axe man!
    Congrats
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Wow, nice guitar! I would love to have a 4 that color. nice score!!!

Comment

Great looking guitar, congrats!
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Great guitar...I had one that was exactly like yours!! I have a Charvel in Fire Crackle now & love it!!! Congrats! You can never have to many!

Comment

Cool!!
            I don't remember the model 4 available in that color... I do remember the firecrackle though... drool drool...
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I just ordered a Dimarzio Super 3. Got it used off someone for $35.
              My Gear:

Charvel Model 4
              Gibson Les Paul Studio
              Roland Micro Cube RX

Comment

Originally posted by ESchmidt View Post
                I just ordered a Dimarzio Super 3. Got it used off someone for $35.
                Yep. People aren't too impressed with that pickup. Hope it works out for you. I have one but haven't wired it up yet to see what it sounds like. Let us know what you think when you get it in.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Yep. People aren't too impressed with that pickup. Hope it works out for you. I have one but haven't wired it up yet to see what it sounds like. Let us know what you think when you get it in.
                  Yeah I know people arent too fond of that pickup. Thats actually the reason the guy is selling me his. But Im a huge Def Leppard fan (Phil Collen's pickup of choice) so I thought I would give it a try. And for $35, why not? If I dont like it, Ill toss a JB in there.
                  My Gear:

Charvel Model 4
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio
                  Roland Micro Cube RX

Comment

I recieved the Super 3 today. I wont get it installed for about a month though because Im looking to redo all the electronics so I need to order parts. Ill let all you know how the final project turns out and post new pics when Im done!
                    My Gear:

Charvel Model 4
                    Gibson Les Paul Studio
                    Roland Micro Cube RX

Comment

Working...
                    X