Scored a Model 5 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a Model 5 today

Couple questions though, check out those pics and tell me what you think. There´s not much info around for M5:s so the correct version is a bit ? right now. It should be 5a, but it has JE-1200 and control for it, and catalogs says that there is only volume in 5a:s. Placement for that miniswitch and pot seems very Charvel to me, and there is no signs of removal of the neck pup. Other than couple of chips missing in the headstock, it seems to be in a good shape and the firecrackle is allways something to look for. And the price was good too

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN:IT&ih=012
    Last edited by GTP; 09-07-2008, 12:52 PM.

I'm almost 100% sure that the boost was added aftermarket. BTW, JE-1200 didn't have a switch, just a knob for the midboost level. That may be a JE-1000 gain boost or some other system. Post pics of the electronics cavity when you get it, and maybe we can ID it. All-original or not, it's a nice guitar and I'm sure you're going to love it.

Comment

Congratulations, I was going to bid on that but I stayed away last nite after a gig we did and never made it back in time to bid.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Very nice, congrats. Love the color!

Comment

Thanks! I also wasn´t able to be online at the ending time, so I just left an offer and hoped for the best. Strangely, there was no snipers around and my offer, which was made about half an hour before the ending, was the highest. This will be my first Model 5, never even played one before.

So you think it might be JE-1000, well that would be nice, since I have JE-1200:s in my Model 6:s. I´ll post those cavity pics as soon as I get it, probably takes 2 weeks or so. But if it´s aftermarket, then I really appreciate that somebody had eye on what he was doing. Too often those switches and extra knobs are just thrown there, no matter how they look. Most of the times ruining a perfectly good appearance.

One more thing, I thought that 5A:s should have JT-6 but that looks awfully lot like a Schaller in my Pro Soloist...not that it´s a bad thing but one more in the strange-section.
          Last edited by GTP; 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Yep, that looks like a JT-590 rather than a JT-6. Also probably added later. Much better trem than the JT-6.

Comment

Congrats man.
              Those are fuggin sweet guitars.
              I think you're gonna likey.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

I looked at it but decided not to bid in the end. Congrats on winning it. We'll need pics when you get it.
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

That is a sweet guitar!
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Just edited those earlier posts, don´t know how I managed to write JT- for those circuits three times...probably thinking that JT-6 vs Schaller or something...so now they are correctly JE.

Comment

Not much to tell, but no Midboost, just Vol, Tone and coil splitting switch.

Comment

Very Sweet!!! That right there is pure 1980's!!!!!!!!! It makes me want to rat my hair up & play!!! Congrats.

Comment

Here´s a family portrait that I took today.

http://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/47264.jpg

Comment

Those had 1 vol, the coil tap and tone are after the fact items.Killer guitars those also came with the hard to find J-95 pick up too.Model 88.model 5A were the only guitars to get that pickup.Great score fo' sho'
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X