X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe $1000 or so??
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Whew....wasn't it one of the upper models -higher -end or no? I checked out audio-zone, but can't tell if it's nice compared to the other models. Definitely a plus that it's neck -through and has binding!
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

If it is a model 6 then it is an 87-88 since 86s came with kahlers and did not have the serial stamped into the neck. that started later. 86s had decals on the back of the headstock( under the clear coat. Never had ebony boards and it is very very rare that a usa charvel being neck thru. I think there was like 1 or 2. $400 is a good price. $500 is average.

Comment

Yes, the 6 was maybe 2nd from top I suppose when the 750XL came out, but before then it was top of the Charvel pile for a while, maybe 4 years or so, ish...?

Mind you, some would argue that it was top of the pile of any superstrat period!

You have to pay a lot to get the same sort of features now I think. and the same good quality, very sturdy/"guitar will see you thru a gig and more" workmanship.

Every Model Charvel was great, really. That's why people want them.
          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
            Whew....wasn't it one of the upper models -higher -end or no? I checked out audio-zone, but can't tell if it's nice compared to the other models. Definitely a plus that it's neck -through and has binding!
            ?

Maybe $1000 isn't much now, but 20 years ago it was a lot.

Comment

They could be had for $800 brand new back in the day...

Comment

Thanks for all your input guys -I'll see the guitar soon and post what I see!
                Ratt & Roll

Comment

Now that I think about it, $1,000 back then was alot! -yikes!!!!
                  Ratt & Roll

Comment

Sounds like an 87-89. I think list price new was around $1300. Mine is modded the same way with EMG pickups. Grab the guitar.
                    My gear
                    87 Charvel Model 6
                    86 Charvel Model 4
                    93 Jackson RR EX
                    93 Jackson Kelly STD
                    88 Ibanez RG560
                    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Man !!! Jump on the Model 6 !!!!!!! That is a good Deal!

Comment

Although good examples are harder to come by now (in the UK anyway), I paid £370 ($700) for my '86 model 6 and I wouldn't blink at doing so again.

Its the best model series by a long way in my opinion. O.K, mine was already modded with EMG's (81, S, SA) but its a top spec guitar. Plays like a dream and in my opinion, as good as any soloist I've played.

$500 maybe an average price but really, its an absolute steal in terms of the quality of instrument you're getting. Like the Ibanez RG550 I suppose. An absolute classic.

As for what you should do. If you need the amp to play live, get the amp. You already have a Gibson SG so its not like you desperately need something else, but if you can get this model 6, I strongly advise you to. Get some pics first though so we can advise you further and make sure it is what its supposed to be.

There's some curious inconsistencies in your descriptions.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                        X