Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod1 Neck Help

Heyaz,
    I pretty much plan on putting a Mod1 neck onto something other then a Mod1 body. As anyone got a list of Model bodies that this neck will fit nicely onto, or just any info from someone who has done this?
    Thanks

Sure...

Model series neck - Model series body
    Occupy JCF

Comment

wow that made me feel stupid
      Last edited by Jace89; 07-30-2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Sorry. Wasn't the intent.

The model series necks are pretty much interchangable. I've got a model 1 neck on a Model 3A body. I have a Model 4M neck on a Model 2 body. I also have a model 7 neck on a Model 1A body.

To keep production costs down, Jackson/Charvel standardized as many aspects of their guitars as possible. While tremolo routes, and pickup configurations need to be done differently, neck pockets and neck heel widths were part of what was standardized.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I think the only thing to worry about is the trem and nut issues. If the Model 1 neck had a vintage trem and no locking nut, you won't get the benefit of a locking nut unless you add an after the nut lock.

Not really an issue. I have a guitar with a locking trem and a vintage nut. I should get some locking tuners for it.

Comment

I believe it will fit on a toothpaste logo body also. I have a toothpaste logo neck on a model body and it fits and works like it came that way. It will probably work on a Jackson body also as long as its the same scale and fret number. It should work on just about any jackson or charvel body that has the 2.25" neck pocket, 25.5 scale and 22 frets. Of course you will run into the nut issue if the body has a floyd type trem. But its not really a problem as DonP stated. Neck tilt is not an issue as this is done on the body, all the neck heals are flat.

Comment

thnx everyone just the info I was after

Comment

Working...
              X