Build quality of 90-93 MIJ Jacksons vs. 87-89 Charvel Model series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build quality of 90-93 MIJ Jacksons vs. 87-89 Charvel Model series

On audiozone.dk both the 87-89 MIJ Charvel Model series and the subsequent 90-93 MIJ Jacksons are cited as instruments of legendary build quality.

The 90-93 MIJ Jacksons are described as on par with the USA Jackson build quality. I was thinking of getting one of these but I wonder - how does the build quality already compare to the MIJ Charvel Model series? I have a 1988 Charvel Model 4, if that helps... So will there be a huge difference between that and a 90-93 Jackson?

Thanks

No, the Shaller trem is better than that horrible JT6.

Comment

The "toothpaste logo" Charvels along with the Jacksons are a little more refined and have a better trem (unless you're a Kahler fan - those are a different animal altogether) but as far as wood quality and craftsmanship I think they're similar.

Comment

Thanks guys, guess I'll just get a new trem instead of a new guitar...

Comment

I have a 1990 MIJ Soloist Pro and 1987 Model 6, and I find myself usually grabbing on to that Model 6. It just sounds better acoustically and thru amp. It´s sound is somewhat more "pure" or "clear". I don´t know how to better describe it. And I kinda like the small angle on the neck vs flat neck.

But that´s just me.

PS. just waiting for the DHL-dude to bring me a mint 1987 black Model 6...

Comment

Working...
          X