Question about Model 6 tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Model 6 tone

i just got myself a POD X3. before hand i had a V-Amp 2.

after playing both i've noticed a sort of bassy tone to the Model 6, i know this is a dumb arse question n that the answer is probably staring me in the face but......

...would this b from me having the mid boost all the way up?

like if i got rid of the mid boost would that tone characteristic still be there? (as in its from the wood)

Just like to know how the tone will change once i've changed the Humbucker n stacked single coils
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

you can start by rolling the mid-boost control all the way off.
    that's the one closest to the input jack.
    now find a POD tone you dig.
    then, roll on "just enough mid boost"
    fresh battery too!
    see how that works, then report back
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

the pickup that comes in the model 6s is not very hot and it is on the bass side. After 20 years I just changed mine to a Seymour Duncan custom.
      Much better.

Comment

Are you using presets that sound good with another guitar, but just don't with the Model 6? I've found that with mine I usually have to tweak settings for the Model 6 that I can normally leave alone when switching back & forth between my other guitars. With or without the boost level turned up, it adds some gain & compression. It's more noticeable to me through a modeling setup than through a traditional amp.

The tone will definitely change when you change pickups. I've got a Custom in mine, like Rich, and Hot Rails in the neck position. Go ahead & try new pickups with the stock electronics. See if you like it that way, and you can always take the midboost out if you don't.

Comment

Working...
        X