Charvel Jake E. Lee project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Jake E. Lee project

This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a while.
    Jake had 2 Charvel's back then. One was a '74 Fender Strat that was charvelized by a friend of his. It had a 1 hum and 2 slanted singles.
    The other was a real Charvel, I'm gussing?
    It had a Fender Trem and 1 humbucker.

I took the features of those 2 guitars and incorporated them into my guitar.

Here's my parts list:
    Eden left strat body Vintage White
    Charvel Model 3 neck w/ matching headstock and Charvel logo
    Jackson neckplate
    Charvel/Gotoh tuners
    Floyd locking nut
    Kahler style bridge. (it is blocked)
    WD products 1 Hum pickguard
    Seymour TB-4 JB
    Fender volume knob
    Charvel strap buttons
    D'Addario 8-38's tuned to Eb

Let me know what you guys think:

This one's on twice by mistake, I tried to edit it. (sorry)

Eventually I'll build a more accurate version of his original one, with a 3 bolt Fender Hardtail body, and 2 slanted DiMarzio SDS's.
    Last edited by metalchurch79; 07-26-2008, 12:38 PM.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Is that a real Charvel neck? 12th fret dots look awfully far apart. Nice guitar though.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That looks great. Here is my JEL tribute that was originally a Model 1A. I restored it back to its original setup and now JCF member nhspike owns her.

As the Jake:

Back to original with a Model 2/3 neck:
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
        Is that a real Charvel neck? 12th fret dots look awfully far apart. Nice guitar though.
        Good eye Jack, you are correct. I forgot that I ended up not using the Model 3 neck on this, cause it was a righty, and it would have been reversed for me. I wanted a Strat head, but could not find one with a Rosewood board and a compound radius.
        I ended up buying this Charvette neck and using it instead. I remember that the neck heel profile was different than a Jackson/Charvel.
        Sorry for the false advertisement guys, and thank you for the kindness.

Alvin, that's a really nice guitar, where did you find your pickguard at?
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
          Alvin, that's a really nice guitar, where did you find your pickguard at?
          I got it on eBay a few years ago. I sold it local a few months ago.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Just built this! Man it is one sweet guitar!

Comment

Black and white JEL guitars simply rule.
              Nice touch with the chrome/black bridge shane.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Shane, that's very nice! Great attention to detail also! I'd like to build another one like Jake's and the one you built. The one I posted is a mix of Jake's Charvel's thrown together, but w/ a pointy headstock + locking nut, and a Kahler which I have blocked.

Does your guitar have a 3 bolt neck plate like Jake's or did you use a 4 bolt?
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  Shane, that's very nice! Great attention to detail also! I'd like to build another one like Jake's and the one you built. The one I posted is a mix of Jake's Charvel's thrown together, but w/ a pointy headstock + locking nut, and a Kahler which I have blocked.

Does your guitar have a 3 bolt neck plate like Jake's or did you use a 4 bolt?
                  I went with the 4 bolt neck pocket. I also went with a ebony finger-board.Plays and sounds like a dream. I put "Fat Tone" pickups in it. I put in a set of Super fat buckers because they are vintage sounding pickups.This is a guitar I plan on using alot and not to be just eye candy.So far it hasn't let me down.

Comment

Working...
                  X