Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a quick google for "Charvel SDK-080" turned up this page, amongst others:
    http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~t-oz/guitar/g_collect.htm
    The SH seems to stand for single coil/humbucker, as I found other Charvel SDKs with SSH suffixes.

The 24 3/4" scale definitely indicates that is a Fusion. The other specs don't match with the guitars that we're most familiar from the US catalogs, but the scale lenght is common to Fusions of all other designation

The Takeuchi trem was also used on some import Jacksons. The only difference being that it was rebadged as a Jackson rather than Charvel trem.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

SDK-080-SH
      Super Dinky. All of them are short scale (24.75).
      SH = Single / Hum
      Made around 1993-94.

The trem is basically a JT-580. The Takeuchi made JT-580's are considered the best version of the JT-580.

Here is one in a natural trans finish. Sweet looking guitars.
      -Rick

Comment

The trem is a very high quality unit.I have thrashed mine for 15 years and its still solid.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cool

Very cool. Started out with what I thought was a Fusion Plus and ended up with a Super Dinky. That's what this forum is for!

I suppose it would have been easier if I just checked the documentation more closely and posted the model number to begin with, but this was more fun.

Wish I had another Charvel or Jackson to identify. Maybe I'll start looking for a good deal on one.

I do have a mid 80's Japanese Fender... But that is another website altogether.

Thanks again!

Comment

Very cool guitar.

I own over 30 guitars but none in Ash. I love the H-S pickup combo, which is why I have a pair of Charvel Fusion Deluxes.

Comment

Working...
            X