Price check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price check

I might be getting this guitar in a trade can anyone tell me what it is worth? Obviously my finally dicision is going to be based on how it plays but I'd like to know more info on it and its specs if you know them. Thanks in advance.

Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Looks like a 475DX
    These are really nice players
    Active electronics... great neck.
    I would think that 400-500 wouldn't be a bad estimate, in good condition.
    Worth every penny too.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Made in Japan, by the way... in spite of the neck plate.
      --floydkramer

Comment

thanks
        Whats the body made of?
        Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I quickly looked through the catalog scans, but wasn't able to figure out what kind of wood was used...
          http://audiozone.dk/cm/jackson-charv...cans.php?cat=3
          I'm sure someone on here knows though... pretty sure I've read it here somewhere.
          --floydkramer

Comment

Seems like Basswood according to this thread...
            http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=basswood
            --floydkramer

Comment

I agree with Spike, these are fantastic guitars. Though (Spike, correct me if I am wrong) they have an active mid-boost as opposed to fully active electronics... a Schaller Trem, and a fully bound neck. We can wait till RobRR chimes in, seems like he a good source of information on these (at least the necks )

Comment

Yeah those are actually passive pick-ups with a small board in the control cavity which is an active mid boost. It takes a 9 volt and the middle knob controlls it. I personaly keep it off or very low because it makes the tone way too bright. I paid $450 for mine with the case. The body is either alder or basswood, I can't really remember.

Comment

CW, you are correct!
                  --floydkramer

Comment

I have one just like it. You'll love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X