Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt 690 schaller/jackson bridge

Hails Guys
    i have this bridge that came stock in my Charvel Fusion Deluxe.
    but it needs replacement.. so, does jackson/charvel offers replacement supply for this bridge?
    if so, where can i find it?!
    here´s the pics

Hails and thanks in advance

here´s my charvel -
    Charvel Fusion Deluxe - Duncan Custom/Jb Jr.
    Jackson DXMG - 81-60A
    Fender American Standard - Nailbombs
    Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 - Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420 - Blaze Custom 7 - Air Norton 7
    Ibanez SR550 Bass - Stock

Ibanez Rg550 - pickupless Q: (

Good bridge. You can use ebay, or get a new one from stew-mac. It's a Schaller Floyd.

What's wrong with it?

Comment

Just a proper cleaning/polishing and new saddles would do great imo. That´s all i would do. I mean the base block doesn´t seem too bad. Or then install a Floyd Rose original. My 550XL looks kinda weird, when one saddle snapped in two and i haved to change black saddles from a spare bridge. So now i am balancing between new saddles and Floyd Rose original... We´ll see what happens.

Comment

It would be a JT590, not 690. Any new Schaller bridge will work fine. If you go for an Original Floyd, you might run into problems with the string locking screws being too long and overlapping the route.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If either of you guys you replace your trems, I'd recommend a Schaller over an OFR for 2 reasons. First, the Schaller will fit the cavity correctly and not have string lock screws overhanging the rear and limiting pullup range. Second, there is a 1/16" difference in the trem post placement on guitars fitted with a Schaller or JT-590 at the factory, and there can be intonation issues sometimes when you switch if you run out of adjustment range.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the tip. Now plans took a new direction...

EDIT: Oh yeah, that Schaller even looks more familiar. 179€ at Thomann in Germany for a whole new bridge. And new saddles would do about 85€ in Finland...
            Last edited by JuliusMoore; 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Schallers are good trems, and at least we can be sure they're well-made at the Schaller plant. A lot of the OFRs are now made in China. I've heard that soon they all may be, but I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Yes they are, and i think that a new Schaller is on the way in near future. It is just awesome, that people can come here and ask for everything about these guitars and hardware. And get proper answers quick. I owe you one dg.

Comment

Working...
                X