Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for 750XL

Hello All,

I need a case for my 750xl. I'd like to get something with the plastic-type covering. Will the black Charvel chainsaw case fit a 750xl or are there different sizes for the chainsaw cases?

any other suggestions for cases that will work? skb? gator?

thanks!

Gator should be your best bet.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't know about the chainsaw cases, but if I were you I would go to a store and check the fit. It would suck to buy a old chainsaw case and it not fit properly.

Comment

FWIW, my Archtop Pro fits perfectly in my chainsaw case. They are virtually the same guitar right?

Comment

I tried to put my old 750XL in a Model 6 chainsaw case, it was a strain on the lid/latches because of the arch top. Maybe if you chipped some of the polystyrene away...?

Comment

The regular molded "Jackson" cases that come with a Soloist (sl1/sl2) fit ok. I was using one with my 750xl, But the grey chainsaw cases they came in do fit perfectly if you can track one down. But yeah go try cases out at a store if possible. I found some cases didnt work because of the thicker body style.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
              FWIW, my Archtop Pro fits perfectly in my chainsaw case. They are virtually the same guitar right?
              Nope, the 750XL is about 1/4" thicker. My 750 came with a black chainsaw case that's quite a bit thicker than my 2 gray Model Series cases (one fits the neckthroughs, 1 fits the full-size strats). It doesn't fit in either of them.

Comment

Nope, the 750XL is about 1/4" thicker.
                Wow, that much thicker? Didn't know that, thanks.

Comment

There are some great comparison pics that Model 88 took here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30170

Comment

mine never leaves my bedside
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                    X