Newb Here ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Here ;)

Just happened across this site. Lots of great info on here!

Couple pics of my Model 6. I've had her for a little over 17 years now.

Dang, I feel kinda old all of the sudden.

Cheers,
    Chris

welcome! nice charvel
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Nice Model 6. Welcome to the forum. Stick around, there is a great bunch of guys here.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Looks brand new...amazing!
        My guitars:
        Fender Stratocaster 72 Reissue in White MIM
        Fender Stratocaster 60 Reissue in Candy Red MIM
        Jackson Fusion Professional SS
        Ibanez -nylonguitar

http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecomcurtainsonfire

Comment

Very nice !!!!!
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Welcome. Very cool! I also had a black cherry Model 6, but with the JT6 Floyd instead of the Kahler.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice! Always liked that black cherry finish.

Comment

Welcome to the board, nice Model 6.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

great model 6. used to have an 86 mod 4 - damn nice! the only thing i don't like bout a 6 is sharkies on a charvel!

Comment

Yehaaaa... I have exactly the same Sweet dude Sweet

The only difference is that my Babe is build up 5000 times before^^

Keep on eye of her!

Comment

Welcome that is one Sweet Model 6

Comment

You obviously have never played that guitar, it is far too nice and clean.
                        Now, 'fess up, I know you are an ESP nut really!

Oh, and "Welcome" BTW!
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Welcome, great color man!
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Thanks to this site for providing the necessary info to ID this guitar. I've had it all these years, and always thought it was a Model 5. (whoops)

She's been put away for the last couple of years. I've been trying to get back into practicing more often here recently.

This is my primary electric. I also have a Squire strat that is by far not a great guitar, but it was my first, so I can't bear to part with it. It does have a Floyd Rose trem on it, though.

I know there is a lot of debate between the Kahler and the OFR. I like both for different reasons. I've even considered putting a Floyd on the Model 6, but I think that would end up being a waste of time and money. It would likely cost more to get it done than the guitar is worth.

I have no real compaints with the Kahler, though. Many have noted that they can't keep the guitar in tune with the Kahler, but I've never had an issue with mine. Others think the Kahler is less attractive-looking than the OFR. (I don't really get that. I have to look pretty closely at the guitar to see the difference in most cases)

As far as being an ESP nut; I've never played one, but I've always loved the look of the Kirk Hammet signature series model.

Cheers,
                            Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X