Charvel Predator - Neck Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Predator - Neck Pickup

I'm working on a charvel predator that I recently picked up on e-bay, and im looking for some replacement pickups, but Im not quite sure what will fit in the neck position.

I have a JB for the bridge and Im thinking about a little 59 for the neck, will it fit?

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

A lot of the new Duncan single-space hums have this design with the lead coming out in the middle, including the Little '59:

The body of the pickup fits the import Charvel pickup cavity perfectly, but I found that when I put a Hot Rails in my Model 6, I needed to do a slight undercut with a Dremel tool to give the wire a little room to make the sharp bend toward the bottom of the cavity. It's very stiff, and it needed about an extra 1/8" of space than there was. You can't see the mod at all with the pickup installed.

Comment

Awesome, thanks dg.

-Steve
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

No prob! You may even find that you can get the wire to bend where you want it without needing the undercut. I just felt like I was putting too much strain on the wire, plus it was going to either tilt the pickup or make it hang up when I adjusted the heght.

Comment

Working...
        X