What model is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model is this?

It ia a neck through but i have not seen one with this pickup set up before is it a 5a?

5fx
    -Rick

Comment

I have never heard of that model. I have a 650 XL and a friend has a Model 6 and I have seen the model 5 and the 750 XL but not this model before. How does it compare to the others it looks cool!

Comment

The story on the 5FX is that they started out as 5As but had the neck single added after they were imported to the US. In '89, they came out with the 550XL, which was the toothpaste logo version of the 5FX. As for comparison, it will play & feel exactly like a Model 5, and should also feel very similar to your 650XL as far as neck shape, balance, etc.

Comment

It look like a 550xl becaue of the Shaller trem.

Comment

Good call. The 550 also had a scalloped lower horn:

Hard to see in that little pic, but I think it might be there. Any better pics or headstock (logo) shots?

Comment

Here is a headstock pic ir is saall as well.

Comment

550XL it is. You should get it, if it's for sale.

Comment

Sorry for the SP mistakes there still hanging from last night.

Comment

The 5 FX was a top mount JT-6 the 550 XL was a top mount schaller floyd with a rear up pull route.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I will go for it than LOL

Comment

They are very high quality and well woth the money.I had one in that color (scan pic)
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I also just got a email on a 750 XL today what is a good price for one in good condition? I think I got the fella on the ropes LOL. Which guitar is nicer. I know the 750 XL is a one year only model but I have never seen the 550 XL this is the first for me.

Comment

The 750 XL is an arch top and it's short scale.
                            It's not a matter of which is nicer, more of which do you prefer to play.
                            I've never been comfortable playing any short scale guitar. That includes LP's.
                            I love the look and feel, but just can't get comfortable with them..
                            -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the repley. I have not played alot of short scale guitars. I would love to have both but I do not think I can squeeze that right now LOL So I have to pic between the two all three would look nice together though LOL. The guy was asking $1000 for the 750 XL I have it down to $750 right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X