Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler model 6

Hi guys. It has been a while since my last post
    I'm here to ask you this....do you know the exact model of Kahlers which were mounted on Model 6 in the 86 era?
    It is for sure a 23xx series with brass rollers (2310 or 2320?)
    Have you ever tried a 2300 (steel on steel)? Does it plays better?Opinions?

Get on rockin with your replies

They had the 2320, aka the "Standard". I've got the 2300 on my San Dimas Charvel and I like it fine, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "better" than the Standard, just a little different. Maybe a little bit brighter & "crisper". The Kahler site says it has more sustain, but I don't know. It's probably a few milliseconds under lab conditions or something. You can order the steel parts for yours if you want.

Comment

Can you spend a word about sustain? Is it appreciable better with steel rollers?
      Is it good with dive bombing?
      Last edited by Fix_Metal; 11-23-2007, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Damn nice The same question did i want to post yesterday but i thought ill gonna do it now!

Are you sure that the KAhler is the 2320 model?

Comment

Are you sure that the KAhler is the 2320 model?
          yes it is

Comment

no more infos? mhh...

Comment

Yes, it's OK for divebombing. The strings go nice & slack to the point of hitting the neck pickup. It doesn't pull up as far as a floyd (depending on how you set up your floyd). You can't flutter with it. It's basically a more subtle trem than a floyd, but imo it does what it does well, and it has its own character. Mine stays in tune nicely, but I will say that I happen to have a floyd nut on that guitar (it came to me that way).

Getting back to the sustain question, I truly don't think there's a huge difference between the steel & brass versions. If the brass was that much worse, they would've gone to steel only, imo. The difference in tone is noticeable, but which one is "better" is strictly a matter of taste.

Not to go too far off-topic, but I had played a few Kahlered guitars years ago and hated them. I only got the one I have because I wanted an SD Charvel and realized I was going to have a long wait finding one with a floyd. I came to realize that I had let a few poorly maintained & set up guitars keep me from pulling the trigger on some great Charvels, and I kick myself for it. I won't hesitate to buy more.
              Last edited by dg; 11-30-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Great question I've been meaning to ask because I couldn't figure out the exact model using the Kahler site. Thanks for the info guys!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have both steel and brass rollers and don't notice much difference as dg said.

Kahler has a comparison page, shows their opinion of sustain and such for steel or brass on cams and rollers:
                  http://www.kahlerparts.com/Other_Pages/Compare.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                    I have both steel and brass rollers and don't notice much difference as dg said.

Kahler has a comparison page, shows their opinion of sustain and such for steel or brass on cams and rollers:
                    http://www.kahlerparts.com/Other_Pages/Compare.htm
                    Yea, I've seen that table.
                    A big thank you goes to everybody who helped out to clarify this point.
                    Keep on rockin

Comment

Working...
                    X