Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 (?) id

Firstly, hi there,

About a year ago (give or take), i won on ebay a Charvel Model 4... played really great, loved it However, the frets were worn somewhat, so i took it to a tech to get it sorted, and he seemed to think that it was a Model 4 body, with a different neck on it. From my research, i'm sure it is a Model 4 body, but i've never seen another one with a maple neck, so if anyone has any ideas from the pictures i've taken, i'd be very greatful indeed

Overall shot
    Headstock with ruler to show logo size
    closer bodyshot
    neck plate (with 'gasket'- is this what that is?)
    Neck pocket, E 4-5, or P 4-5?
    Heel, C printed on the end, hole in the centre of the heel

Once again, many thanks for any light shed on this

Oli

(sorry for no inline images, my host doesn't allow hot-linking)

I was able to copy/paste the links to see it. It's an '88 Model 4M. M for maple fretboard. They were only available that year. Very nice guitar, and welcome to the board!

Here's the catalog scan with the 4M:

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...ortsPage02.htm
    Last edited by dg; 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Damn the guitar looks so hot!!! Is your guitar blacck like in the catalogue???

Comment

Wow, thanks for the really quick response dg!

Unfortunately the guitar was damaged (the chip near the output socket) during shipping, thanks to Royal Mail for that. I have bits of the original pickups, but i took apart one or two of them ages ago and regret it now!

Kingo: mine is metallic red (Burgundy Mist?), is you copy the links, and paste them into your browser, you can see them

Comment

I think that color is Candy Apple Red. That was one of the color options in the catalog. Looks awesome! Burgundy Mist is more of a pink metallic.

Oli, I went ahead and loaded your pic in my Photobucket account so we can see it in the thread. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited by dg; 10-22-2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X