If You had to choose between a Jackson Tremelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You had to choose between a Jackson Tremelo

Well I am kinda at a Dilemma. I have a Jackson JT-6 that needs parts,like 3 saddles,2 locking screws,2 fine tuner screws, and 4 locking "caps" but other that that it is in fine condition.Now I have a VERY good condition JT-500 that is missing nothing. Should I attempt to hunt down parts(We all know how hard to find the parts for these.One shop around here wanted $12.00 Each saddle!!!) for the JT-6,or sell it and keep the JT-500? If sell the JT-6,what do they go for?
    Last edited by Dan; 10-17-2007, 10:53 PM.
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

What guitar is this going in? JT-6 trems were generally used on guitars with non-recessed trems and had 42mm sustain blocks, and JT-500s were usually (possibly always?) recessed and had 32mm blocks. So factor in the likelihood that you'll need to track down a 42mm replacement block to make the JT-500 work as a replacement for a JT-6. It may not be a big deal, as long as something easy to find like Schaller or OFR block will fit, but just take it into account.
    Last edited by dg; 10-18-2007, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Well it is going into a Charvel Model 2. I seen the problem,the springs are almost touching the bottom of the tremelo cavity with the 32mm block,and the JT-6 block holes wont line up with the JT-500 baseplate. I can tell ya I cannot afford a OFR.This is really dragging me down.This is really nickel and dimeing me to death!!
      Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
      (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
      Boss TU-2

Comment

Dan, there was a thread from a long way back where somebody in the same boat as you was able to extend their short block by using spacers and longer screws. They found everything at the hardware store. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Comment

The JT-6 is junk potmetal dump it. I'm not aware of the JT500 I'ld get a OFR.

Comment

Keep an eye on eBay for a complete JT-6.

But, a Model 2 deserves an OFR, I agree, jtr. It will be more money up front, sure, but a swap you will be happier with every time you pick up the guitar.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have been trying to keep a eye out for one,but when It is usually up,I dont have the money,and when I have some,there are none around,so I usually "Burn" it on Car Parts,etc. I did a search and I know alot of people are dissatified with the JT-500,apperantly they are poorly made.What alternatives are there for a guy who doesnt have much money? I would prolly sell both bridges,but what are my options besides a OFR? Not that I hate it,I just cant afford it
              Last edited by Dan; 10-18-2007, 07:43 PM.
              Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
              (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
              Boss TU-2

Comment

No one on the board can help Dan with this one? who has an old ORF that can sell to Dan? How much can he get for selling those two trems_
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

Would I (If I got a OFR) have to use the Floyd Nut,or can I still use the Kahler Nut? I'd have to sell those bridges before I got something else.
                  Last edited by Dan; 10-18-2007, 08:22 PM.
                  Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
                  (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
                  Boss TU-2

Comment

Working...
                  X