Stripped Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped Hole

I was wondering how would you go by fixing a Hole(Lets say a Strap Button) that the screw just turns? It would go down,but will not stop turning? Well what is the BEST way?(Not using a Bigger Screw) Safest?
    TIA
    Last edited by Dan; 10-15-2007, 12:53 AM.
    HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
    Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
    (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
    Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Boss TU-2
    2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
    1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
    1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

I'd glue in a large matchstick, leave it 24 hours for the glue to set and then trim the rest of the matchstick away.

Comment

You could also glue a toothpick in it.

Comment

I've used a tooth pick with great results.
        Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

And there was me thinking this was going to be a thread about Courtney Love.
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
            I'd glue in a large matchstick, leave it 24 hours for the glue to set and then trim the rest of the matchstick away.

Comment

I have glued in wooden skewers, like for shish kabobs. They work great.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                You could also glue a toothpick in it.

That's the way I'd go. I actually did that for neck screws that were loose on a Fender Strat I have. One toothpick (for each screw hole) dipped in glue, stuck them in the holes. I waited overnight, snipped the excess with a wire cutter and that neck is as tight as a ........ well, it worked great!!
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                  In this situation you would shove in a ham and pull out the bone. That should take care of any looseness in that hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                    In this situation you would shove in a ham and pull out the bone. That should take care of any looseness in that hole.
                    Damn, I usually pick out the ham and leave the bone. The bone is stronger, and the ham is tasty.

Comment

toothpicks and wood glue work amazing. . . . I have used this in many situations!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X