Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My heavily modded model series: FINALLY done! Loads of pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heavily modded model series: FINALLY done! Loads of pics.

That's an 88 model 4. My first ever guitar, asked about on my first ever thread on the JCF I absolutely love this baby. Plays fantastic, strung with 11s to Eb right now. The pickup is a Duncan Distortion.
    The pots are volume and tone. The switches are a three way on/off/on straight to output. The one up from this one is a split. The others do nothing: I hate useless holes
    She'll hopefully get a neck single coil sometime soon and assorted electronics.

That's a model 1a, with a model 4's neck. Fantastic guitar and FINALLY finished after having had it in various versions for two years Just got a fret dress and I gave her a new nut (graphite) and saddles (graphite as well). Someone on here may recognize the flame Again Travis, thanks a lot for it!
    Pickups are a FullShred I modified with an A8 magnet, an Alnico 2 single coil and a CoolRails. I'll swap the neck and middle though I believe. Electronics are a master volume and the neck pickup's volume, the wee toggle is a split for both bridge and neck pickups, so I have two extra parrallel humbucker options as well as two extra virtual single coils.
    There's a nice flame to the neck as well
    I'm not sure what to do about the truss rod cover though as this neck obviously should have a lock behind the nut. So far I don't mind that much though so ah well.

And I play these babies through these:

The big grey pedal is a Carl Martin Plexitone prototype The SD1 has been modded by yours truly to sound nothing like a standard SD1. The rest of the pedals are fairly standard...

And there's also my Kramer Stagemaster which is back in Amsterdam and I miss her dearly:

In her current state she's got a volume with split and a Duncan Custom.
    Do excuse the poor pics, I suck at this

Cool pictures. I'm digging the mods on the charvels. Thats a cool looking kramer too.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Very nice Models with cool "player" mods.

Love the Kramer also.

Comment

Yep player is what they are. I take amazing care of them all though, they're my babies. I haven't found a single brand new guitar I'd want compared to these, with the single exception of the musicman Sub.

Comment

Working...
        X