Model 2 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 upgrade

I got Kahler Killer of Egay last week, sounds much better now, quality trem for sure. Solid steel and very smooth, I'll have to shim the neck a little so I can pull up on it but no biggie.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

did that replace the JT-6?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

It's a floyd-style replacement for the Kahler Fulcrum on the '86 models. Narrow post spacing.

Comment

Looks like it replaced a fulcrum. Is that neck scalloped?
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Yes it's an 86 that had the craptastic fulcrum and yes it's scalloped! Really sounds better now.
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            It's a floyd-style replacement for the Kahler Fulcrum on the '86 models. Narrow post spacing.
            hmmm, I'd peripherally heard about this, but never really paid attn since I'm not a big whammy bar guy. but I might have to check this Killer out if it's a drop in for the Fulcrum (which still sits on my 2).

Comment

Here's the link to Kahler on this model.
              http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Pages/T_2710.htm

Comment

Yeah, Ive got one on my model 3 mutt. It was a drop in replacement.

Comment

can one of you experts give me the rundown on this Killer trem?

1. how stable does it keep tuning?
                  2. does it lock the strings in at the bridge? if so, how? (the Fulcrum does not, other than with string tension pulling the blocks up)
                  3. is it a bitch to change strings and set up?
                  4. can these still be bought new? or just on the used mkt?

(I've never used an OFR so I have no clue on this stuff at all)

thanks for any info that you can provide.

Comment

OK my search answered #4.

but the rest of them I'd still like to know?

Comment

So far it stays in tune great, comfortable large deck for your hand, you don't have to cut the balls off the strings and they lock(slides through a tube in the back and then has a cool lock that you do by hand), fast string change, there is a site that has them new for $250 but I got mine on ebay for 51 plus shipping.

Comment

http://www.wammiworld.com/2710.html

Comment

thanks for the link bro. yeah at $100 less than I paid for my Model 2, I think I'll be combing the bay for one of these instead.

so with Floyds you have to cut the balls off the strings to string up?
                          what holds them in?

(I must sound like a total noob, but on OFR stuff....I am!).

Comment

The cut end of the string goes into a slot in the saddle. There is a tiny block that gets pushed in to secure the string end by the saddle bolts that stick out the back.

Comment

The 2700 Killer is easier to re-string as mentioned above. It's also a heavy MOFO. Lot's of steel for better tone and sustain IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X