Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRADE: Charvel Model 3 X Fender Highway One

Hey you all...

I'm new here and i need help from you guys..

A friend of mine, offered to me a Charvel Model 3 made in japan in exchange of my Fender Highway One 2003.

Do you guys think it's worthy?
    +Z+

Hmm, it depends. If its a 3a with a pickguard and a kahler, id say no. But if its a 3a with no pickguard a jt-6 and its in nice shape, I might consider it. What was that Highway one anyway? Is that the quasi-made in usa model with the dull satin finish? Around $450 at the time?

Comment

If it's a USA Fender, I would not do it. They are pricey guitars. Just check ebay. You might be better off selling the USA and searching for the Charvel you want based on how you play and how many bells and whistles you need. And, Welcome to the board.
      Last edited by fett; 10-10-2007, 01:45 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The highways seem to sell used for $550ish. a model 3 maybe $350

Comment

In terms of value, its a better deal. But I prefer the Model 3 to the Highway 1. The older Highway 1s feel really bland.

Comment

Thanx for the welcome guys!!

Actually it is the Model 3 without pickguard....the guitar is in a excelent shape for a guitar with 20 years! (yes, from 87)...

My Highway is the first model, from 2003... i don't have much to complain about it...i had played other fender USA and it feels the same...(except for the painting in her body, which is totally crap!!!)

And other thing..I'M FROM BRAZIL!!! Here Charvel is a rare guitar and the same as the Highway, 500$ (used, IF i found a Charvel around here).

The big deal is that the Charvel might cost the same, but there isn't much interest on it. Most people want strats ou LP.... Super strats are over (for them)..... So, if i wanted to sell the M-3, i just could do it for 350$...
            ( IF i wanted... )

PS: I'm sorry is my english is too bad...sorry! hehehe
            +Z+

Comment

That changes the whole deal. The shipping both ways would kill any deal. If you like the Charvel, then go for it. Your might want to change your profile and put "Brazil" as your location.
              Last edited by fett; 10-10-2007, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Done man!!!!

Thank you!
                +Z+

Comment

you will love that Model 3, all the Model Charvies are fantastic guitars.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I agree, My Model 2 is about the best playing guitar I have ever owned. It's amazing how a 20 year old Japanese guitar can blow away most of the new stuff I have tried these days!
                    Guitars:
                    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                    1988 Model 2,
                    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                    RR3
                    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                    2005 SG Special

Comment

I get it!!!!

I stepped over my friend's house to have one more look at the Model 3...and i just couldn't resist to it...

The guitar is beautiful, have a INCREDIBLE sound and playing...

Now i'm a official member of this forum with 2 Charvels!!!!

One Model 3 and a CXM DLX !!! (soon i'll post photos)

+Z+

Comment

I get it, you got it. Now, if we didn't know that you live in Brazil, we might think your grammer sucks.:ROTF: I'm glad we could help you. This is a great place.

Comment

Having owned both a Kahler Fulcrum equipped Model 3 - and I'll take the Kahler over a JT-6 anyday thanks - and a 2006 Highway 1, I'd go with the Model 3. Better guitar all around IMHO. Monetary value notwithstanding. (I swapped the Fulcrum for a Killer which btw lives up to its name. What a great unit.)

So based on personal experience I'd say you made a good decision.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            That changes the whole deal. The shipping both ways would kill any deal. If you like the Charvel, then go for it. Your might want to change your profile and put "Brazil" as your location.
                            Good idea to list Brazil as your location, but even so, you should mention it again in any post about trades or buys, because I often see people ignore the location listed by European posters and go on to post as if the person lives in the US and can get US-market deals.

Congratulations on your score and welcome to the board! Lots of great info here, as well as just good comraderie!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanx one more time for the nice welcome!!!!!!

Well, here she is...my new beauty queen:

And my other Charvel...a CXM DLX with a Seymour 59 on the neck and a Gibson 500T on the bridge...

+Z+

Comment

Working...
                              X