Question about Charvel Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Charvel Soloists

I've been searching catalog scans up and down, and I'm not sure if they make a Charvel I think they might. What I'm basically looking for is an arch topped soloist, string thru, and "toothpaste" Charvel logo. I know it'd be easier to grab a Jackson Soloist, but I'm so partial to the Charvel logo, and old school guitars Did they ever make such a guitar?

This is the closest thing I could find, I don't like these Charvel logos though
    http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jap...yPage11+12.htm
    Gear:
    none

750xl?

Try searching for the 750XL...That might be what you're looking for..
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Yes, Charvel 750XL fits. I can't find a cataloge scan with it now .

Comment

Here:
        http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...9Imports06.htm

Comment

They look pretty sweet, but did they come in string thru versions?
          Gear:
          none

Comment

yes.

Comment

a couple of distinctions from the Soloist though - 750XLs are setneck, not neckthru. And they have a short (24 3/4") scale
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Sweet, now I go through the never ending process of trying to find one.
                Gear:
                none

Comment

that's about the size of it

I was a Model series snob and never liked their toothpaste versions much back in the day, but now I can see there were some great guitars made during that time.

and the very nice '93 625C a/e I have confirms the quality construction from that period also.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by vultures View Post
                    They look pretty sweet, but did they come in string thru versions?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Absolutely beautiful! I'm such a sucker for amber burst kind of finishes. Why don't you let me take care of that guitar for you for a little while?
                      Gear:
                      none

Comment

It may be easier to find a Jackson Archtop Pro in string-thru. I think there are fewer string-thru 750XLs, but they are certainly out there.

The Archtop Pro is virtually identical, except the fretboard is ebony, and the body is a little thinner (the 750XL is Les Paul thick - if not thicker).
                        Last edited by Sunbane; 09-13-2007, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X