can you identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you identify

I just bought an old Charvel Randy Rhoads for $150. It has a hum buckler in the bridge thats slanted and Single coil in the neck both are stock Charvel pickups. It has a Charvel licensed Floyd Rose, just a volume knob and 3 way selector switch. It has a bolt on neck which is scalloped from the 12th fret down. Its serial number is 375463. Any info on this guitar would be awesome. Thanks a lot.

Sounds like an avenger.

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/JC1...ges/Page12.htm
    Last edited by Carbuff; 09-10-2007, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Buckles hum huh?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Buckles hum huh?
        When I own them. Thanks for the great contribution to the thread!

Comment

Lighten up hoss.You are way too sensitive.

Comment

The scalloping job isn't original. The bridge pickup (humbucker) and the 3-way may also be modded in, but I think I've read someplace that a few of the Avengers came with a humbucker originally.

Comment

Heh, when I read "hum buckler" I thought of a shield that vibrates.
              Scott

Comment

Sounds like a Charvel avenger to me, very cool guitars.$150.00 is a great deal IMO.Scalloping job is not original but if done well all is good.

Comment

Thanks for all the relpies. How much did these bad boys go for back in the day? Also what wood is the body made of and what would be good pickups to put in it? The body of the guitar is kind of dinged up and I want to make a project out of repainting it are there any good online resources detailing how to do this? Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

$500.00 ish. The body is basswood.Any pickup you like.I'll let the others guide you to the refin options.

Comment

Working...
                    X