Wow! Just rehabbed a Model 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Just rehabbed a Model 2?

Just got mine all put together, Pawnshop special $90, needed $15 in parts and alot of elbow grease. Will post pics tomorrow.

Bottom line, its about the best damn playing guitar ive got and sounds insane! I love it.

Anyone know what the stock pup is in it? I really am diggin the tone out of this. Very early 80's George Lynch sounding.

It has the Jt6 trem, I got the parts to rebuild it and it seems to work fine. I need a Trem arm though. Tuning on it is a bitch because im also missing my locking nut. Need to find that as well.

Pretty sure this is the one ive got exactly Same color too.

Comment

I don't think you can hotlink to Henrik's scans.

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...987Page08A.jpg

Love that Electric Blue! Pickup is a J90C. You can get an Ibanez pop-in bar for the Edge trem and it will fit, or get a replacement from Dave here:

http://www.fretsonthenet.com

Comment

Nice, Ive got a 3a in that color. I think the pickup is a j90c.

Comment

Awsome man, love the 2!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            You can get an Ibanez pop-in bar for the Edge trem and it will fit, or get a replacement from Dave here:

http://www.fretsonthenet.com
            does it fit it perfectly?

Comment

"does it fit it perfectly?"

Yes it does.........I have the same guitar and used an Ibanez bar. Can't tell the difference.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                "does it fit it perfectly?"

Yes it does.........I have the same guitar and used an Ibanez bar. Can't tell the difference.
                ok. I guess the trem on my JS100 Ibanez must not be an Edge because it wont seat in there at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ~gino~ View Post
                  ok. I guess the trem on my JS100 Ibanez must not be an Edge because it wont seat in there at all.
                  Nope, the JS100 is not an Edge. If it's an older one its a TRS. I have no idea what they put on the newer ones...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

You need the arm with the 2 nylon bushings around the base section. It works fine. or you can get the whole assembly of the mounting bushing and the arm and just remove the old mount. I had a model three with this mod and it worked perfectly.
                    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      Nope, the JS100 is not an Edge. If it's an older one its a TRS. I have no idea what they put on the newer ones...
                      No clue what Trem it is but it works great. Cant knock it out of tune if i try. The trem arm does not lock in at all though, it just slides in and can be pulled right out.

That sound like the TRS?

Comment

Originally posted by ~gino~ View Post
                        No clue what Trem it is but it works great. Cant knock it out of tune if i try. The trem arm does not lock in at all though, it just slides in and can be pulled right out.

That sound like the TRS?
                        Nope, I believe the TRS had a screw in bushing like an OFR. Yours sounds like a version of the Edge Pro. Either a II or a III...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Not bad for a $95 guitar and some elbow grease!
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Pics of JT-6 & Edge bars here:

http://www.fretsonthenet.net/Tremolo...vailable_now_!

Pretty much identical, except Edge bars were black and all JT-6 bars were chrome.

The mod Gil suggested works great and is pretty easy, plus I think you end up with less slop in the bar. You have to slightly enlarge the hole in the baseplate to accept the OFR socket, but the JT-6 is made of such soft metal that you can do it with a couple spins of a tapered rattail file or even a large flat-blade screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                            X