Cx290

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cx290

I buddy of mine called me and told me they had a cx290 at a pawn shop for $80. Look good except no trem arm and no tone pot. He said it looked small compared to other guitars around it.
    I looked it up because I thought maybe it was one of those short scale kids guitars. It not from what I can tell. $80 seems like a good deal to me.
    Did Charvel or Jackson ever make a guitar scaled down for kids?

not that I know of.
    http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/JC1...1992Page24.htm
    here are the specs
    Just looks like a standard strat shape

Comment

Standard scale. Basswood body. Made in Japan. Try to buy it for $75 and you're doing good.

Comment

The pawn shop guy was probably comparing it visually to full size strats. From what I can see, it has a Dinky body.

Comment

Your probably right about comparing it to the full size strat. I was planning on going down tomorrow and offering 70. The wife just gave me the evil eye about buying my daughter a new bike today so even though its only $70 bucks I am probably going to have to pass on it.

Comment

I have a CX290 and it plays better than my $600 Strat and sounds better too. IMO these were huge sleepers for a Fat strat that has a really awesome SRV tone going when using the neck pup and playing cleans.

I paid $90 for mine.

Comment

Working...
            X