Model 4 Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Value?

A guitar center here has a Model 4. Its a slightly aged white. Its got DiMarzio Pups in it. My only concern is it lacks the trem bar. they have it marked at $425 IIRC. I was thinking of trying to get them down to $350 on it. Seems to be in good shape. The JT-6 and the locking nut look good. What do you all think?
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM.

Did they actually mark it correctly?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      A guitar center here has a Model 4. Its a slightly aged white. Its got DiMarzio Pups in it. My only concern is it lacks the trem bar. they have it marked at $425 IIRC. I was thinking of trying to get them down to $350 on it. Seems to be in good shape. The JT-6 and the locking nut look good. What do you all think?
      I'm thinking you waited to long because I just picked it up from there for $275.00

just kiddin!
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Did they actually mark it correctly?
        Seems like it :ROTF:

I'm thinking you waited to long because I just picked it up from there for $275.00
        Heh, its at the Lancaster GC. They have toens of Jacksons, including a used HRF DK2.

Comment

Any nice neckthrough types?
          Dave ->

Comment

As for the price, if it's in really nice shape, it's worth $350 in my book. A bar can be found with no problem nowadays...
            Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Any nice neckthrough types?
              An RR5, thats it. Its new too. They mostly stock imports: DK2MS, MG series, and RR3s.

As for the price, if it's in really nice shape, it's worth $350 in my book. A bar can be found with no problem nowadays...
              Do you make them? I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post

Do you make them? I forget.
                Yes, indeed.....
                Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                  Yes, indeed.....
                  Alrright, if I go for it, I'll be sure to buy one from ya! Keyword is if. I'll say $325 to see what they say, but won't pay more then $350. Maybe work out some kind of trade deal too.

Comment

A Model 4 in good/very good condition is worth an easy $350 IMHO. I'd say go for it too!

Comment

I landed a model 4 M for $200.00 I feel I stole that one.$350.00 Yeah thats a fair price.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They said $400. At that price I'll wait.

Comment

I've gave more than that for one off of the Evil Bay.. Depends on how bad you want it and how much you are willing to spend.. IMOP Get it.. Cool axes no doubt for the money

Comment

I walk in today and its marked $307. However I've decided not to go for it. If anyone is interested, its the Lancaster PA guitar Center. Its in pretty much mint shape, but the mid boast is shot and the trem arm is missing. The paint is nice and yellowed. If anyone wants it, go for it.

Comment

Three years ago, you could buy a nice model 4 for $250.00. Nowadays, I've seen them fetch $400.00+. 307 probably isn't too bad a deal.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X