Model 7 upgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 7 upgrade...

Well, I must be honest. I bought the Model 7 expecting a bit "more". You know, the reverse headstock screams bad-arse but two singles do not. So I finally got around to ordering some decent pickups. I decided on some SD Hotrails and an SD Vintage Stack. They've really woken the guitar up and I can highly recommend the Hotrails to anyone who wants a hot 'bucker in a single space. Wish I'd done the upgrade a while ago now (was actually thinking of getting rid of the guitar prior to this!). Also took the time to level & detail the frets. She smokes now!

Before...(yawn)

After...

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Awesome!!! The Hot Rails should be a requirement on a Model 7. I have 3 of them and I had Hot Rails in all 3 of them but I put the stock back in the Burgundy Mist one I was trying to sell.

Comment

Have you set the intonation? All the string saddles are the same except for the little E.
      The first pic it looks like it was set.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I should have known that some idiot would ask me that question. Yes, it is intonated. Also, the Vintage Stack was an absolute bitch to get in there. I had to modify (hack) the pickup surround because the space is so tight. Still, the results sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Have you set the intonation? All the string saddles are the same except for the little E.
          The first pic it looks like it was set.
          I, as well as some other people here, have had Floyds that had the saddles running the same all the way across, and they were intonated perfectly. It may look weird, but every guitar is different.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post

There's something sexy about a black guitar with a maple board! The body binding is a nice touch as well.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You got it!

Comment

Working...
              X