Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just buy??

Hi all,

After buying a Charvel Model 6, I went on a major Charvel obsession period. End up buying this and thinking of getting some Dimarzios for it.

What is it exactly?? My guess is a Charvette 250? Anyone have more info??

Cheers
    Jack

Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Its a Charvette 250. Don't take this the wrong way, but they aren't regarded as the greatest guitars Charvel ever made. They have plywood bodies, and were made in Korea (maybe Indonesia). It looks to be in good shape though, and should be a pretty good guitar with DiMarzios, but be sure to block they trem, and maybe get some locking tuners while you're at it. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

That's all good. Just bought it for a little project. What Dimarzio do you recommend?? I'm think Tonezone in the bridge, chopper in the neck...

Comment

Originally posted by XxKilgannonxX View Post
        That's all good. Just bought it for a little project. What Dimarzio do you recommend?? I'm think Tonezone in the bridge, chopper in the neck...
        Depends on what you're going for. I only have experience in there high output models though. I would think a Super Distortion and some single coils of your choice would be good though. You could also probably put a duncan Distortion and some Hot Rails in it with good results, or EMGs.

Comment

Polish that turd!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            Its a Charvette 250. Don't take this the wrong way, but they aren't regarded as the greatest guitars Charvel ever made. They have plywood bodies, and were made in Korea (maybe Indonesia). It looks to be in good shape though, and should be a pretty good guitar with DiMarzios, but be sure to block they trem, and maybe get some locking tuners while you're at it. Hope you enjoy it.
            Not all Charvettes were made of plywood. (aka Laminant bodies) They definitely weren't necessarily top-of-the-line models. But if you got one with a solid body, then the components can be replaced to make a pretty decent guitar.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Polish that turd!
              mean, man
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Haha all you Charvette haters...

Anyone know if this is a plywood or not??

Comment

No way to know until you look inside the electronics cavity and/or pickup routes.

Comment

I never owned a Charvette, but I thought only the ones with the Charvel branded Schaller trem had the solid bodies.

Comment

I have a body for a 188. It is routed for the WB-2 tremolo like this one and it is solid bodied.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Would it be safe to say that any of the 24 fret "Fusion" type Charvettes with the Schaller trem all have solid bodies?

Comment

Im guessing that solid body is the heavier of the two?? Also what do you guys reckon?? Dimarzio Tonezone, Evo2 or D-Sonic??

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                            Would it be safe to say that any of the 24 fret "Fusion" type Charvettes with the Schaller trem all have solid bodies?
                            Not entirely sure. I don't think anyone thought enough of them to document it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Got the guitar and the neck is nice....that's all I care about atm....
                              But it's ply by the looks of things..

Oh well....gonna drop some Dimarzios in anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X