Model 7 help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 7 help needed

Local Craigslist has a Model 7 listed. Tele shape, single coil in neck poss and bucker in bridge. maple board, black dots and upside down stock. Only bummer is that its light blue.
    Ive NEVER had hands on a 7 . How do they play and sound? How does the neck compare to model 4s??
    They heavy? Any other info would be appreciated thanks

They play great, weigh similar to other Model Series guitars (medium to slightly heavy). The neck on mine feels just a bit more meaty than my other Model Series necks, but is kinda thin. Pretty much a classic single coil tone with the stock pickups, but you can put in something like a Hot Rails & turn it into a shred machine very easily.

Comment

A humbucker in the bridge would not be stock. The bridge pup was originally a J120 Jackson USA Telly Single Coil.

Comment

they are great guitars. go for it. I like light blue, would look great with the maple board and the black hs.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've got a 7 and a 4, and the only thing that I would say is that the 4 is a rock guitar while the 7 is a unusual tele- no trem, fairly normal except for the headstock. Having said that I absolutely adore the 7. It plays as fast as my 4, 1 and ibanez 440r. It's solid, no doubt you've got a bit of endangered forest in your hands- so buying used is cool! Pickups being replaced is also good as I would replace the originals if I could be bothered.

Comment

I have a Model 7 with similar mods (if by humbucker you mean a full size - which means the bridge has been replaced). Mine has a fairly shallow, wide neck that I find to be one of the most comfortable players I own. If it can be had for a reasonable price, JUMP!

Comment

hey blood, it's mine.. pm me if you'd like to check it out.. i also have that black cherry model 4 i talked to you about before.

i'm not getting much interest on craigslist, and i don't want to deal with ebay. I've thought about taking them over to Chip's for consignment

the weight is nowhere close to my model 4. The model 4 is much heavier

Comment

As far as I am concerned the model 7 was and is the best kept secret in the Charvel family...I bought mine out of a pawn shop five years ago and love it....it feels a bit different than my model 2, 3, 3A and fusion.....I is one of my favoite guitars. Go for it, you will never regret it and never sell it !
                http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...ingthrough.jpg
                sca

Comment

Got some pickups on the way for mine. Can't wait to see how she sounds...
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

What pups are you gonna install?

Comment

See here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73403
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                      X