Newbe:With 5fx Saying Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe:With 5fx Saying Hi!

Hi Guys, Simply the best site I have ever seen for J/C's and knowlege for them. Thank You! I look forward to spending time here and learning.

This is my original 5Fx I purchased in 1988 at Prosound here in Denver.
    Was a factory blem for whatever reason at the time, paid $500 OTD, with case. After 10 plus years of sitting in the case, I decided to wipe the dust off, and re-do the entire guitar.

Let me tell you, preparation is the most important item to consider when refinishing guitars, and patience is rewarded with a nice guitar to fall back in love with. I now consider this one to be probably the best player I've ever owned. Some pic's added from the 1st paint through finish and patina setting. I beveled the edges to give a very slight, not so harsh edging on the front, but kept the basic Jackson shape. This one has never been giged with ever, so it's in incredible shape. let me know what you guys think, and if anyone knows, where do I find this on the DK catalog pages, and or the number produced. Thought I saw 3hundred, but that seems pretty low to me, Price who knows? Don't care, it's not for sale. Thanks, and let's talk. Timothy. aka Hotplanet ~

Checkem out at:
    http://www.ibew111.com/5fx/5Fx.html

Cool! Welcome to the board!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thanks! Glad to be here!
      Hotplanet ~

Comment

That slanted single coil pup seems like it is right on the fretboard on that one side.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty close. Does that mean anything to you? I have no idea. I bought it new, so that's how it came.
          Thx

Comment

Working...
          X