charvel identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel identification

Which model is this?Is a good axe?Value?
    Thanx very much

(i'm trying to find a good first charvel neck through:/ )

Model 5FX
    Great guitars.
    -Rick

Comment

Only 300 made a very good guitar.

Comment

Very rare, grab it!
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
          Very rare, grab it!
          Despite its rareness, it doesn't have much collector's value though. None of the japanese J/C's do.

Comment

Tell that to some of these morons on eBay.
            I've come across more auctions for guys asking USA prices for older Model series axes.
            There's one moron on there now with a decent Model 4 who insists it's a 1980 USA.
            Complete retard.
            -Rick

Comment

Grab it fast.... even if it isn't worth much now, it will be someday soon!
              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

I wish I would have read this first before I jumped on a 3A in said "Perfect" condition. Anyhow, price seemed right! It should at least always be worth that.
                Last edited by mapleneck; 07-15-2007, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Nothing :/
                  I'm not the winner :/

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=180137195864

Comment

Originally posted by charvellotic View Post
                    That went dirt cheap!

Anyway; the morons claiming San Dimas prices for their MIJs, are either just morons (who think they have something priceless), or crooks, preying on gullible buyers. It doesn't change the fact that a MIJ J/C has next to no collectible value.

Comment

Hearing MIJ J/C's have no collectable value hurts a little since I have this 86 3A showing up this week. Did real San Dimas and other USA's always have collectable value from the day they were made....or was there a particular year and time when they would always be worth more every year? I guess what I'm asking is , do the MIJ's have a faint chance of someday appreciating if not collectable? I'm new, so don't slap me!

Comment

You're trying to compare hand made guitars to mass produced ones.
                        The MIJ Charvels were produced in large quantities compared to their USA built brothers.
                        I doubt they will ever achieve a "collectible" status in the true sense of the word.
                        Some of the more rare MIJ models like the 5FX and the 750Xl will bring more $$$ due to their limited quantity, but they will never be in the same arena as the 79-85 USA Charvels.
                        -Rick

Comment

They're appreciating right now relative to their recent used value. When I think of a collector's item, I think of something that sells for more than it retailed for when it was new. Plain-jane kahlered San Dimas strats don't even do that right now. Stratheads clearly do. Some graphic pointies and those with factory floyds just barely do, and maybe not if you factor in inflation. No way that's going to happen for Charvel imports, imo. There may be some more upside in the prices for some of the models, but only as great players at a time when people are getting a little more interested in technical playing. All it will take for prices to plummet again will be a grunge revival, god forbid. Then be sure to invest in flannel and unload any stock in soap & shampoo.

Comment

Okay Rick You put a big period on that question mark. Thanks

"What can't be cured, must be endured"

Comment

Yes DG, that's a good measuring stick for a collectable. Worth more than what it retailed new. Where's the old catalogs?

Comment

Working...
                              X