Out of the kindness of my heart...pricing info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the kindness of my heart...pricing info

OK guys, if you KNOW your model number, and you want to know how much it's worth, I can give 3 sources:

1. My BS
    2. Blue Book of Electric Guitars 8th Edition - not bad
    3. Orion Blue Book - a compilation of guitar sales through the years, it's what pawn shops use. So send me a pm, and I'll look it up for you.

In exchange, you be cool to other people.

Most pawn shops use the internet (ebay) that why there prices all have gone up . Just because some idiot over pays a guitar they think it the new going price .

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
      Most pawn shops use the internet (ebay) that why there prices all have gone up . Just because some idiot over pays a guitar they think it the new going price .
      I haven't found that to be true. Orion Blue Book is a compilation of what guitars ACTUALLY sell for across American pawn shops.

Comment

When I try and talk to local pawn shops, they always check ebay. As soon as I see that I walk. Can't say as I blame them, I woud want a larger turn on my investment also.

Comment

ebay is the resource that the pawn shops around here use as well. More up to date...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yep. It's great when they can't find a comp on ebay. That's how I got my 2 '84 Kramer Pacers for $150 each. They try and they do mark-to-ebay when they can. But, when they can't, it's a bonanza. I know my local pawnshop quite well.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I landed a black model 6 when the guy didn't find a match on e bay.He thought it was a USA charvel.I pointed out the differences showing clearly it was MIJ and he said well give me $200.00 and I did.
              Got a 93 Kelly Pro the same way and for $225.00.
              If you fequent the pawn shop on a regular basis and buy a few times you will find that the pawn broker will cut some great deals.Case in point I bought a 2003 Ibanez 520 QS for $125.00.They list for $800.00 and retail for $699.00 I thought that was a screamin' deal.
              To all that say pawn shops suck I say OK go to GC and pay full price.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Do pawnshops actually carry decent guitars anymore? I haven't seen one with anything but the lowest-end crap in years. Many seem to put their best acquisitions straight up on eBay themselves.

Comment

I got my Washburn from a pawnshop. They also had a nice, like new Fender 50's Reissue (or whatever they call it) Stratocaster.

Comment

My pawnshop actually has more guitars than I do.:ROTF: Most are Squiers, and that fucking Esteban I bought:ROTF: . Every once in awhile they get a nice one on the floor. But, I know they sell on ebay as well. I'm not sure whether they keep those downstairs in the vault. One of these days I'll ask.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I once scored an old San Dimas Charvel with strat head and bullseye graphic with a standard trem for $300...(back in early 1990 iirc....sweetest deal I ever made...wish I still had it though...dohhh!

Comment

Most of the pawnshops here in Phoenix suck.
                        They have really beat up crap at stupid high prices.
                        -Rick

Comment

Same in Denver as well ~ too bad..

Comment

Working...
                          X