Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get narrow-shaft pots?

Guys,

One of my Charvels, a Fusion Custom, needs new pots. I've searched all over - where can I get narrow-shaft pots? I don't want to use those crappy mini pots. Or should I just get the regular, CTS pots and widen the mounting holes in the guitar? What's the best way to widen them - a Dremel? What sort of drill bit should I use?
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Go to a hardware store and buy an a tool called a reamer.Its a hand held tool you just stick in the hole (from the backside) and twist until you get the hole big enough.A dremel is a handy tool to have as well.The reamer is much cheaper and does a great job.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Straycat,

I assume it won't chip the paint on the front as it's doing it's thing?
      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I have never had a problem, just be very careful when you get close to the paint.Always start from the inside the electronics cavity.A dremel with the appropriate drum sander attachment works too but you can get the wood too hot and discolor the finish.

Comment

StrayCat,

Just came back from the hardware store with a new reamer. I'll try it over the weekend.

Comment

Good deal now get to work!

Comment

Working...
            X