Charvel 550 Acoustic...good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 550 Acoustic...good or bad?

hey all...i was looking for an inexpensive acoustic guitar for my son to start learning on and i stumbled across a Charvel 550 acoustic. are these any good? i tried to find more info online, but all i could find was the 1993 catalog scans. anyone here have one or know if these are junk or what? thanks.

mateo

A few artists use them nationally. They're a great buy and a solid guitar if you don't need a cutaway. There was some discussion about this a couple years back.. check the archives.

Comment

you cannot go wrong with those guitars, esp for a beginner.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

thanks for the responses guys!! i haven't actually seen the guitar in person yet, but at least now i know that it's worth checking out. thanks again.

Comment

If they are anything like the model 625's ... they're junk IMO.

There's one on "Craig's List" for $30 ... that should give you a clue.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/329606575.html

Comment

I had a 625, was JUNK, action was WAY too high to be remedied, and to top it off it sounded like a cardboard box. Makes my $99 Carlo Robelli electric/acoustic sound GREAT in comparison.

I was really upset by this, as I had really wanted the 625 for the longest time... and once I got one, it was a huge letdown.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
            X