Made in Japan neckplate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in Japan neckplate?

Just came across what looks to be a Charvel Model 1A. I haven't managed to get the serial number yet, not so sure if I'm going to. I've seen pictures of the neckplate but it's hard to make out anything. It appears to have a flat, similar to where the S/N would be but only closer to the top of the plate and it appears to say "Made in Japan". Does this sound like any Charvel plates you guys have seen? The guy is billing it as a Japanese Charvel, but I'm wondering if it's a mutt parts guitar.

Oh, and what's a Model 1A in decent condition worth these days, no case or bag included?
    Last edited by modelo dos; 04-10-2007, 12:21 AM.

I don't recall ever seeing a Charvel plate that said "Made in Japan" on it.
    -Rick

Comment

I had a feeling someone was gonna say that....think I'm gonna steer clear of it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        I don't recall ever seeing a Charvel plate that said "Made in Japan" on it.
        The one Japanese market Charvel I have just says; "Charvel" and a 37XXXX serial number.
        Last edited by fett; 04-10-2007, 09:38 AM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by modelo dos View Post
          Just came across what looks to be a Charvel Model 1A. I haven't managed to get the serial number yet, not so sure if I'm going to. I've seen pictures of the neckplate but it's hard to make out anything. It appears to have a flat, similar to where the S/N would be but only closer to the top of the plate and it appears to say "Made in Japan". Does this sound like any Charvel plates you guys have seen? The guy is billing it as a Japanese Charvel, but I'm wondering if it's a mutt parts guitar.

Oh, and what's a Model 1A in decent condition worth these days, no case or bag included?
          Ive seen where the "made in Japan" sticker was put over the serial number on the plate. I dont know if it came that way or the owner did it but Ive seen it before. So, it might not be an issue. Ha, I just looked and thats where it is on my 1a, on the neckplate, but not covering the serial, its just above the Charvel, in the black.
          Last edited by Carbuff; 04-10-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I ended up passing on the auction, the seller never did get back to me with additional info or photos. I guess I suffered from a little "fear factor", I'll take risks in some things but usually not when money or guitars are involved...

Comment

Working...
            X