which model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which model

i know its a model 1 or 2... i think.... just wantin to learn... thaks in advance... later rick

Could be either, but most likely a Model 2 body since it would have needed less work. A Model 1 would have needed the vintage trem to floyd conversion. Looks like a pretty nice neck on there, btw. Any pics of the whole guitar?

Comment

you ask and shal receive

Comment

I don't believe it's a Model series body. The control rout is wrong. Is it yours? Anything in the neck pocket?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

i don't belive there was.... but i'm taking the neck off tomorrow and will look.... if not a model series what would it be?

Comment

figured this would be the next question

Comment

I totally don't think that is a Model series body.

clearly the neck is USA, and the neck plate says pre-pro (blank).

what would make you think it's a Model?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

What does it say under the pick?Looks like a model series body judging but the tummy cut.No brass grounding plate it the control cavity.
                Lets see a pic of the upper side of the neck pocket.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the neck... i know what that is... i bought that from charvel a few years ago when they had the little nipple on the hs.... agreed on the tummy cut.... thats why i think its a model series.... i bought the body off of the evil bay a few yrs ago also.... owner couldn't tell me much... thanks again all... later rick

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    I totally don't think that is a Model series body.

clearly the neck is USA, and the neck plate says pre-pro (blank).

what would make you think it's a Model?
                    I figured it went without saying that it was a parts guitar & the neck was added. Sounds like a Wayne replacement neck, since he mentioned cutting off the nib. We know the body isn't USA Charvel because of the recessed trem plate route.

Gary, what looks wrong about the control route?

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      Gary, what looks wrong about the control route?
                      ummm....good question I posted from work earlier and was relying on my (failing) memory. I'd been futzing around with my Model 4 a few weeks back and remembered it having the longer (Ontario?) control cavity. So I googled some images just to be sure and the back shots I could find confirmed it. At home now & just checked my Model 4. Same.

My Model 1A, front-routed, naturally. So no help there.

But then I look at my Model 2, and it has the shorter cavity.

from left, Model 4, Gia (pissed off because I woke her up), Model 2

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of JCF Management.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

No prob, G. The pics looked a little distorted or squished & I wasn't sure if the shape of the route was a little off, so when you posted it made me wonder. Seeing it with the cover off, I'm almost 100% positive it's Model Series. The little cutout above the volume knob, and the shape of the upper right corner are dead giveaways, and they're something to look for when people try to pass them off as USA.

Comment

Defanitly, helps when people on ebay screw you over

Comment

cool thanks guys.... so the only difference between the 1 and 2 is the trem.... later rick

Comment

The trem and the fretboard. The stock neck on the Model 1 had a maple board and the Model 2 had rosewood.

Comment

Working...
                              X