Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel JourneyMan

Hi Guys,

I'm very interested in a japanese Journeyman. What is a fair price for one in an excellent condition with the rising sun graphic? Maybe with case???
    What do you think?
    RATT RULES!

I had one, not too bad, I think a regular one was 299 new so maybe 200. The graphic would be more.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

There are 2 versions of the rising sun graphics on the Journeymans. The initial run had 8 rays in the sun (I've heard that 300 of these were made) and the rest had 6 rays. Both came stock with a Duncan JB.

Personally, I think the 8 ray versions look the best based on how the graphic is laid out on the body. I've seen a couple 6 rays in person and the red lines seemed a little sloppy. If you keep an eye out, 6 rays pop up on Ebay every now and then but the 8 rays not so much. I think the asking prices have been around $300 - $350, give or take a little based on condition. If you can, hold out for an 8 ray, which may go for just a little more.

Here's a pic of my 8 ray that I picked up from another JCF bro (thanks Brian!). It's the lightest guitar I have ever owned but a great guitar.

John

Comment

Thanks you two,
        Well I think I saw at a Charvel Road Show a Journeyman with 6 rays... I played it and this guitar was just incredible. I love Charvels with just one humbucker and asian-style graphics (rising sun, crossed swords...)!
        Thank you very much!!!
        RATT RULES!

Comment

The only problem with these guitars is that the pots are prone to failure and have an unusually narrow shaft size, so if you have to replace one you have to change the knob or drill it out to accomodate a bigger pot shaft.

Volume pot on mine failed a year or so ago and not having access to a drill press I'm having the devil's own time finding out a way of fixing it without changing both pots and changing the knobs, which means finding some black knurled knobs, which I can't.
          Model 3
          Model 5A
          Model 3B
          Journeyman
          Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Working...
          X