I'm a Charvel-o-holic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Charvel-o-holic

Hi. My name is franks.shoes and I am a Charvel-o-holic. There is something about the neck of the 90's ST, TX, and CX models that just feel right. And yes, I like the beak head. There, I've said it! :ROTF:

To date,

Turquoise Charvel TX (funny thing about this one - it was stolen from me, and almost 2 years later, I find it listed on e-bay - in a city a few miles away. Turns out a pawn shop was selling it. SO, technically, I've paid for it twice. )

Tobacco SB TX

Black TX - maple neck - modded with new pickups and an additional tone knob (It's nice, but I sure wish it was still stock).

Black ST - Absolutely in love with this thing. I need one with a maple neck to match!

Black STX and Various CX's - bought them for the neck(s).

Black Charvel 625 Acoustic.

Red ATX Acoustic Electric - another awesome find.

Thanks for letting me share.

Does anyone know if newer strattish head model necks (the Chinese made) have a similar feel?

Welcome to the board. But you came to the wrong place for help with your problem.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Welcome. the 2002-04 stratish ones (ballsack) were made in japan and have thicker necks. the chinese/indonesia made jacksons have slim necks. Not sure which ones you are talking about.
      The is a very bad place for Charvel G.A.S.

Comment

Here are a few pics of my TX Custom

Oh yeah and welcome to the board. I also like the TX Customs!
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
          Here are a few pics of my TX Custom

Oh yeah and welcome to the board. I also like the TX Customs!
          Well...the Black TX I loaned to a friend - and he promptly headed to El Mexico with it...calls periodically to taunt me ...SO...I bought another one - this isn't a TX Custom like yours - has black hardware and just the Charvel logo.

Have also picked up a TTX.

Should you ever find yourself wanting to part with that beaut...you know where to find me

Comment

welcome in!

PICS! PICS! PICS!
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Mine w/ a Warmoth Neck..

Comment

Hey! What can you tell me about the acoustic charvel 625? I'm looking for a cheap acoustic, it would be my first one. Do you think it has a nice neck and playability? Does it have a "Jackson/Charvel" kind of neck or it is just like any other acoustic out there?

Comment

The 12 strings are very nice.. This I know..

Comment

The black one is really nice!

Comment

To the OP:
                      Scott

Comment

they are very nice guitars. this has been my main acoustic 6 for 11 years now.

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

and yes it does have a superior neck feel for an acoustic. at least mine does.

btw, swap out the tuners for a quality set, it's a noted improvement.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                          X