My first Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Model 4

I posted the story in the ebay section about the journey to aquire this guitar, best $200 I've spent in awhile. I need the push in bar and the lock nut parts (only has the shell) but it is well blocked. The mid boost is cool and fattens up the singles nicely. The neck is a little fuller than my Model 2 and the guitar has a nice heavy feel to it, very solid feeling. The Dimebag pup may be too hot for this set up, I have a couple of Jackson pups I may try later. It is noticably an upgrade from my Model 2, very cool guitar!

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

What a steal! I saw when Sinastas posted the Craigslist ad, but missed the followup. Glad to see you got it. Definitely worth the drive, wasn't it? Congrats!

Comment

Very nice. Love the red + maple board!!

Comment

Nice score that looks really nice with the maple board.
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks, I just got done with the set up, plays very nice! I checked the catalog and I believe it is an 88 in Candy Apple Red. Rock on!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by gitfiddler View Post
            Very nice. Love the red + maple board!!
            +1

Congrats!

Comment

Excellent necks on those, beautiful score -
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Each one of those 200 bucks go bang so loud you'll lose your hearing. I too love the maple board. That's a really nice score man, congratulations.

Comment

Nice, looks in really good shape for it's age. I love my Model 4, had it for the past 18 years and still go back to it despite having access to a couple of Gibsons.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, the neck has a maple board on maple like a bolt on USA Jackson I had, very nice and plays great!

Comment

the 4m is a great neck and perhaps my favorite. I'll take a 4M over a new DK2.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Wow, that looks really ace!

Comment

holy crap what a steal! for two bills?

love the maple board, never seen a Model 4 with maple before. kickass!!
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've been noodling on this guitar all afternoon and I am now more blown away by the neck, just killer, very high end feeling. I would have payed more than 200 for this neck! In fact I have payed more for replacement necks that IMO aren't as nice. I also love the fact that the bolt-on model series use full size bodies, I am 6' 2" and I make dinky bodies look even dinkier. I have sold some killer USA Jacksons in the past only because of the smaller bodies and how I looked in pictures with them (when I cared about that shit). The model series never ceases to amaze me, lets hope they stay somewhat a secret so we can enjoy them for cheap!

Comment

Very Nice Score...

Comment

Working...
                              X