Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5

I’ve used the search but 0 results on the Model 5

A dude on a Dutch bidding site put his Charvel model 5 for auction and the joker is asking €900($1083,43) for the guitar. I’ve put a bid of €450 off try to get it for €400
    €900 model 5 no pic

Are there any major differences between the model 5 and 6?
    Is the model 5 overall a good playable guitar?
    I’ve a Charvel Fusion+ trans white is the model 5 much better then the fusion?
    When were they manufactured?
    And what did they cost us dollar?

Thanks in advance

Re: Model 5

Originally posted by Codex:
    Are there any major differences between the model 5 and 6?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pickup configuration... Model 6 is HSS (basically a neck-thru Model 4) Model 5 is HH. Model 5A is single humbucker. Model 5FX is a H-S

Is the model 5 overall a good playable guitar?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All "model series" charvels are great playable guitars if they haven't been beaten to death.

I’ve a Charvel Fusion+ trans white is the model 5 much better then the fusion?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To some people this would be an apples to oranges comparison. The fusion is bolt-on whereas the model 5 is neck-thru. They both have their pros and cons. (more pros then cons in my book)

When were they manufactured?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Model 5 - 1986-88

And what did they cost us dollar?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's a bluebook thread somewhere...
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey,many thanks Tekky you've cleared a lot for me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

In his ad "sc/sc/hb" could that be a model 5x?

Comment

sc= single coil
        hb= humbucker

That's a Model 6, the 5FX had a humbucker in the bridge with a slanted single coil in the neck.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

dat is een model 6, geen 5. Een 5 heeft geen sharkfins, maar stippen

Ik had m nog niet gezien, maar dat is inderdaad VEEL te veel. t zijn wel lekkere gitaren, die van mij iig wel

harrald

Comment

Yeah...what he said !! I like my Model 5 better than the Model 6, but that's my opinion. Both are great guitars but over $1000.00 is steep ! You could get either one for under $500.00 on Ebay regularly.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my Model 5. It was my first real guitar. The guitar has held up extremely well and still plays great. It still gets the most use of all my guitars. I bought it new in '86 for about $715 w/ case US. I remember it being about $15 cheaper than a new LP Standard at the time. I chose the Charvel thinking that I could get a Les Paul anytime. I finally got a LP 16 years later.

Comment

Thank you guys for all the reactions

I think of buying a Jackson custom, but that can take a while till its build and sent to Holland.
                And in the mean time I can play on the model 6 that’s a bit like the normal soloist(to get the sl feeling [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ).

thanks again [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If you buy yourself a custom, I am really curious how long THAT takes, let me know. I am planning to buy one after I finished university, but maybe I should do some planning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Wahahaha the guy sent me a pic of die "model" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] here ya go

model XL

[ June 10, 2004, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Codex ]

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                      If you buy yourself a custom, I am really curious how long THAT takes, let me know. I am planning to buy one after I finished university, but maybe I should do some planning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll give you a bell when I put the order. Do you already know what kind of custom you want?

Comment

Wahahaha the guy sent me a pic of die "model" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] here ya go

model XL
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is definitley a Charvel 650xl. They are great guitars. I love mine but that price is way too much for sure.

Comment

it is to high, but for dutch standards not even THAT far off pitch actually. I think in a normal shop it would cost you something like 6 or even 700 euros

harrald

Comment

€600+ is too much imo for a non rare/'80 charvel

Comment

€600+ is too much imo for a non rare/'80 charvel
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well yes. And the one in the picture was made around 89-91.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X