86-87 charvel model 6 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86-87 charvel model 6 ?

I just purchased a charvel model 6 # c-802674 and first noticed that maybe someone lost and replaced the floyd rose saddles one of the strings is slightly higher so I could not quite get it set the way I like on the back of saddles some have 1 dot some 2 some w/ none and here is the kicker one has lines instead, can I just buy new ones including shims for replacement?

First make sure the saddles are in the right location.You may not need shims.The saddles should form a slight arch if all are in correct order.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What straycat said.

Let's call the strings 1-2-3-4-5-6

1+6 = lowest saddle pair
      2+5 = 2nd lowest saddle pair
      3+4 = highest saddle pair
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Bingo you 2 guys nailed it. When I completely disassembled my JT-6 I was scratching my head about the different sized saddles and the "steps" on the baseplate.

I thought that was odd as usually on a Gibson guitar (maybe Floyd type set-ups are different) the highest point the bridge is usually on the low E side where as the lowest point is usually at the high E.

I can see why they do it, mainly to match the radius but then again these Jackson necks don't have that much of a radius.

Comment

Pics of your Model 6 please!
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

+1

Model 6's are cool,post a pic.

Comment

It must not have the original JT-6 trem because all the saddles are the same on those, correct? it's built into those steps on the baseplate.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes
                It must not have the original JT-6 trem because all the saddles are the same on those, correct? it's built into those steps on the baseplate.
                +1, all of my JT6 trems have exactly one saddle height and a staggered baseplate to accomodate for the radius...

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
                  +1

Model 6's are cool,post a pic.

+1 PLEASE

Comment

von_scott asked about his "floyd rose". My answer reflected that. I wish "Floyd Rose" was not considered a generic term used to describe ANY double locking floating tremolo.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Congrats on the Model 6. I have an '86 that is still my #1 player.

BTW - If your serial # starts with an 8, it's an '88.

Edit - Just realized this is in the Import Jackson section. Should be in the Import Charvel section. Admins?
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Iam rather new to this could you tell me about posting pics I have two jacksons, 1 charvel 6 a hamer centaura and a kramer.

Comment

von_scott

Your photo must exist elsewhere on the WWW.
                          I use www.photobucket.com which is a free picture hosting site.

When you want to post a pic, type:

[IMG] the URL of your photo [/IMG]

in the text of your post, without the spaces between the brackets and the URL.

Hope this helps!
                          -QR
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

[QUOTE=JZ06]+1

Model 6's are cool,post a pic.[/QUOTE how did you resize your photo?

Comment

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t/Picture3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X