Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

I am a newbie and wanted introduce myself. Current guitars - Charvel Model #6 (C600056), Jackson Professional dinky(I have a thread on the J imports to find out the year), Modified charvel traditional , Jackson RR5, BC Rich ST-III(USA), modified washburn x50, modified Schecter plus, Ibanez RG320DXQM, and a Samdimas wanabe bengal tiger lynch body that maybe a esp and what looks like a 22 fret fender neck. I am looking to find where I could get a replacement input jack for the charvel 6. I would also like to get some input on whether or not the charvel 6's, 600's and jackson professional neck thrus with floyd style trems play just as good as with the Kahlers and also are the USA Jackson SL1's that much better then the 6's for the huge diiference in price? I would post pictures but I am not allowed to.

Mod 6' are great. Love'em!

Looking at the ser#, it has a Kahler, right?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Yup! kahler flat mount. it's so early in the 1986 production it even has pre-logoed jackson pickups.

Comment

Welcome! As far as the jack goes, the original stereo jacks had a plastic housing that was prone to cracking, which allows the contacts to slide around & makes it sloppy or causes it to fail completety. When it happened to mine, I just put a new Switchcraft stereo jack in.

The hole under the plate is 3/4" & will accept it no problem with just a slight bend of one of the solder contacts.

Oh, and for posting your pics, you need to host them on a site like photobucket then link to them. Here's the tutorial:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
        Last edited by dg; 08-19-2006, 12:56 PM.

Comment

You can post the pics in here too

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I really like the Lynch Bengal. Nice collection, and welcome to the JCF!

Comment

The bengal was supposed to be a profit maker for me. I bought it off of ebay a few weeks ago for $159. I was going to part it out for profit ( bengal body just sold for $200), but when I received it , it was in worse shape then described. one of the "nicks" is a chuck and there are about 20 others cracks in the paint, the neck has a lot of dents and the kahler has a piece glued back on it. then I plugged it in. WOW! thing guitar plays good and sounds great! I took it apart to see if I could find out who made the body and neck are and I could not find anything out, but this is what I know- the body has a number written in the nec pocket but no markings or names on either and esp won't say its theirs but the electrics cavity shape is theirs ( except the lynch's are round this one is the offset coffin like their standard guitars), it was orginally routed for a 6 screw trem which they show on their custom page on a lynch. the neck has had the logo taken off but I think its fender but it has 22 jumbo frets, not a normal fender trademark and it has the adjustment at the heel of the neck very old style. the tuners are vintage schaller. The pickup is a seymour duncan distortion. someone really tried to make it look like lynch's sandoval / sandimas charvel and the neck does have the worn in feeling like the sandimas are said to have. Gotta keep it!

Comment

Working...
              X