My 750XL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 750XL!

Got her up and running with some new parts [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] but I have to say I'm not sure I really like the gold. I thought I would but everytime I look at it, it just doesnt look right to me. What do ya think? I know you really can't tell but the color is a dark Teal/Jade green. Got this one from Absolute Charvel(thanks again Eric!!)

Tood, these pics are skinny enough without the need for the code right?

Yeah, I know, too many dandelions [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: My 750XL!

I think the gold looks good on the green [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

dave, that is one sweet lookin axe, i am really diggin the gold hardware.

would love to have those style trim rings on my model 6 along with a truss rod cover engraved with my name. upside down of course since i flipped it over hendrix style. along with a truss rod cover for my 475 with an iron cross engraved on it. when you make another order for them let me know.

Comment

Gold on Black= [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Gold on Green= [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
        [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] J/K It's all personal taste.

Comment

My wife said she likes it..... She graduated from Baylor, however. I think it looks cool, too. Let's all have a beer for Budman's Baylor Baptist 750XL. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          My wife hates it when I do this shit..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I won't be able to tell if the pics are good or not until I get home, but the guitar looks great. One thing I would change though... the truss rod cover in gold seems to be bit overpowering. I'd say use a black one. But then again, that's just me...
            Occupy JCF

Comment

That guitar looks amazing! Hey I was wondering, since those are more Gibson-like, does that include the neck too? Is the neck backshape anything like the round 59 style Les Paul-beefy and round??

Comment

I think it looks great...even the trussrod cover. But then, I'm biased now. All my Charvels are going to look like that eventually. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Dana <~~~
                '85 Rhoads Custom
                '86 SD Str*t
                '86 Model 4 (5)
                '87 Model 1
                '87 Model 6
                '88 Model 3DR
                '90 650 XL
                '94 KE-3
                '97 DR Amberburst
                '97 Dinky BOFlames
                '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure about the gold, either. It's a sweet looking guitar for sure. I just don't know which would look better with that green (black/gold/chrome). I was just never a fan of gold hardware, don't know why. But hey, if you like it, that is all that matters. It will sound like a beast no matter what it looks like. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave,looks good but I agree something is off,it may be a little much.She looks to be in great shape though,nice!

Comment

Thanks for the input fellers, it is appreciated. I thought more about Todd's(TEKKY) suggestion on the cover being black and thought about this: What if I used a gold baseplate on the floyd with black saddles(or vice versa) and used the black truss rod cover? That would break it up a bit so it wouldn't be so "overpowering"? In any case, thanks for the words my friends.

Box: I can tell you that I have an '89 Les Paul and this neck is VERY close to the same profile. It is chunky and round.

Dave->
                      Dave ->

Comment

That's a great guitar. I personally think that cream colored pup rings and the goldish knobs that you find on a typical Les Paul would look great with that color finish. I'd also go with dark truss rod cover. Maybe someone can work it up in photoshop. That's just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by 86mod5:
                          That's just my opinion though.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you, that's exactly what I'm interested in [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                          Dave ->

Comment

Ok now here is the million dollar question...do you know if they made 750s with a hardtail or stringthru/tuneomatic setup???

Comment

Yes, they definitely did but are fairly rare as I have only seen 2.

Dave->
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X